EU's elite shouldn't be so smug over Wilders' failure to win Dutch election

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

It looks like he of those old BBC and CBC April Fools jokes that they used to air before some of you here were born.

youtu.be/AOOs8MaR1YM (external - login to view)

... like the sphagetti harvest ...

youtu.be/tVo_wkxH9dU (external - login to view)

Spaghetti harvest? That's daft! Spaghetti grows on trees.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Spaghetti harvest? That's daft! Spaghetti grows on trees.

Watch the video, Jeeves!

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Watch the video, Jeeves!

I've seen it. I mum remembers watching it as a kid.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Millions of people in Western countries believe lemmings fling themselves off cliffs. But they don't. Disney just made it up.

True, and the video of lemmings committing suicide was made in Alberta, not the NWT.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

True, and the video of lemmings committing suicide was made in Alberta, not the NWT.

Is that the video where they were deliberately pushed off the cliff by some person off-camera?

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

It says the EU has values, how come Canada doesn't?

That's because of who says it. If it's a liberal, it's ok. But if its anyone else, whooeee, they're "tagged" with all sorts of names.

See, the recently elected PM of Holland (Netherlands) stated in a newspaper ad that those who come there, the expectation was that they needed to accept their laws, integrate, learn the language and accept their way of life. If they didn't like it, they can leave. (I'm paraphrasing) He said it because he needed to defeat Wilder who better understood and tapped into the public's anger about immigration policies. People were fed up and were willing to risk voting for someone likely more to the right than they were comfortable with. No one said anything about how bigoted or racist he was - not a peep but the fact he put the ad in the paper turned everything around and he was re-elected. Again, no accusations from anyone, especially the MSM.

Kelly Leitch, on the other hand (and I'm no supporter of her for other reasons) says something about Canadian values (meaning free speech, rule of law, respect for women etc.), and she's labeled a bigot and racist. It's not what she said - it's who she represents that is the difference.

JMHO

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I'm looking forward to the New Blitz.

So is Blackie. He wants 1000's of North American men to come to Brittain and reseed the place.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

That's because of who says it. If it's a liberal, it's ok. But if its anyone else, whooeee, they're "tagged" with all sorts of names.

See, the recently elected PM of Holland (Netherlands) stated in a newspaper ad that those who come there, the expectation was that they needed to accept their laws, integrate, learn the language and accept their way of life. If they didn't like it, they can leave. (I'm paraphrasing) He said it because he needed to defeat Wilder who better understood and tapped into the public's anger about immigration policies. People were fed up and were willing to risk voting for someone likely more to the right than they were comfortable with. No one said anything about how bigoted or racist he was - not a peep but the fact he put the ad in the paper turned everything around and he was re-elected. Again, no accusations from anyone, especially the MSM.

Kelly Leitch, on the other hand (and I'm no supporter of her for other reasons) says something about Canadian values (meaning free speech, rule of law, respect for women etc.), and she's labeled a bigot and racist. It's not what she said - it's who she represents that is the difference.

JMHO

No you can't make sense , what are you a racist or something ?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Is that the video where they were deliberately pushed off the cliff by some person off-camera?

They were headed into the Bow River near Calgary by members of the film crew.

no new posts