False News from Germany

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Mass sexual assault in Frankfurt by refugees 'completely made up'

Prosecutors are investigating two people for allegedly fabricating an account of a mass sex attack by Arab migrants in Frankfurt.
Claims that a “sex rioting mob” of around 50 men assaulted a group of women over the new year were reported by German tabloid Bild earlier this month.
The report, which suggested the attackers lived at a refugee shelter in central Hasse, was widely re-circulated by right-wing news sites.
n an article since taken down from its website, Bild interviewed a chef who runs a restaurant in Fressgass, a busy shopping district, as well as a 27-year-old woman.
The chef alleged that dozens of Arab men came into his restaurant in, stole his customers' jackets and sexually assaulted multiple women.
The 27-year-old female told the paper: “They grabbed me under my skirt, between the legs and on my breast – everywhere.”
Yet, police said on Tuesday they believed the allegations were “completely baseless”. One of the purported victims of the alleged attack was not in Frankfurt at the time of the purported crime, they said.

Mass sexual assault in Frankfurt by refugees 'completely made up' | The Independent

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's only fake news if Spicer, Conway and Trump say that it is. If they don't, the news is a teaching point and a reason to take some sort of action against someone-or-other. You're not qualified to decide what news is fake or not. Clearly, Arabs are running amok.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No big surprise there. I suspect that almost all stories of Muslim misdeeds are simply made up or exaggerated.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
So does the lie in Frankfurt take away from what happened in Stuttgart, Cologne etc?

I say until proven otherwise no, and until proven otherwise like in Frankfurt it doesnt dimish or take away from the others who may have been sexually assaulted.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No big surprise there. I suspect that almost all stories of Muslim misdeeds are simply made up or exaggerated.
Soooo, do you feel the same way about "almost all stories" of Christian or Jewish misdeeds as well or is it just Muslims who are the recipients of your warm, fuzzy feelings and magnanimous tolerance?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Soooo, do you feel the same way about "almost all stories" of Christian or Jewish misdeeds as well or is it just Muslims who are the recipients of your warm, fuzzy feelings and magnanimous tolerance?

That is a rather foolish reply. When was the last time anyone other than a Muslim was singled out for a crime? It seems identifying a criminal's religion is only important if that criminal is a Muslim.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That is a rather foolish reply. When was the last time anyone other than a Muslim was singled out for a crime? It seems identifying a criminal's religion is only important if that criminal is a Muslim.

It happens all of the time, on here. The place is chock-block with serious anti-Semites.