Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau handshake memes: Truth behind ‘awkward’ photo

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau handshake memes: Truth behind ‘awkward’ photo

And all it takes is just one photo and a picture-perfect expression for the internet to work its magic.

Cue meme gold.

US President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Donald Trump became their own meme following what appeared to be at first glance a very awkward handshake.

But on closer inspection, all is not quite what it seems.

Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau handshake memes: Truth behind

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I don't see it, but I commend the two men for their obvious respect for each others differences. From what we were able to see on television, Trudeau represented us well and I'm sure the Americans felt the same.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
other than being a pretentious dick by switching to francais in the White House. perhaps it helps the pony mask his uh's, um's and other derps.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
It was quite interesting to see the CBC analysis of the body language of the meeting. Apparently Trudeau completely dominated the Dumpster physically.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Lets hope that Trump doesnt clue in and take offence because even without NAFTA, Trump can still crush us in other ways...

Rob Merrifield: Trump

Canada also has a lower dollar advantage. Is the US likely to devalue its currency as well? Probably not; and the tax advantage Canada has is not as great as it seems due to the numerous special tax breaks granted to US corporations. For many of them this effectively lowers US corporate taxes by 10 to 15%.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
i wonder if it was a so called Freudian slip
joe trudeau....joe stalin...joke obomba
ah.....the left behind

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'd love to see Justin and Donald have a boxing match. That would be great. It would be so great, so great. People would get tired of the greatness

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Well, Spicer referred to JT has 'Joe from Canada', how stupid and gauche is this man?? If he forgot Trudeau's name, as a man supposedly experienced in public speaking, he should have said " The Prime Minister of Canada". What is with these bozo's!! They keep giving SNL more and more material for free!!