Saudi king agrees in call with Trump to support Syria, Yemen safe zones -White House

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the Trump is gettin' sh!t done kids. deal with it. Lol

WASHINGTON, Jan 29 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's King Salman, in a phone call on Sunday with U.S. President Donald Trump, agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, a White House statement said.

Trump, during his presidential campaign last year, had called for Gulf states to pay for establishing safe zones to protect Syrian refugees.
A statement after their phone call said the two leaders agreed on the importance of strengthening joint efforts to fight the spread of Islamic State militants.

"The president requested and the King agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing conflicts," the statement said.

They also agreed on the need to address "Iran's destabilizing regional activities," the statement said.

It said the two also discussed what it called an invitation from the king for Trump "to lead a Middle East effort to defeat terrorism and to help build a new future, economically and socially," for Saudi Arabia and the region.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/saudi-king-agrees-call-trump-213832329.html

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I can't believe that he's going to stay alive for four fukcing more years. The chances of a US President being assassinated during normal times is around 10%. This guy is wearing a big target.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
So the King of one of the most repressive regimes in the world is buddies with Trump, just like he was with Obama and the Buhsies and the Clintons.

That's something to be proud of......

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I can't believe that he's going to stay alive for four fukcing more years. The chances of a US President being assassinated during normal times is around 10%. This guy is wearing a big target.

That's the risk you run when you attempt to do big things.

Forgetting the Democrats and Republicans for just a moment, wouldn't it be nice to stop groups like ISIS from killing and blowing up stuff? That people, regardless of where they live, could move around without they worry of being attacked?

Admittedly, that's a pipe dream, but by not doing anything, we accept the status quo.

Scaled down, Trump is willing to confront the bully. There is always a rough patch before things smooth over, but someone has to take the first step.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Scaled down, Trump is willing to confront the bully

I guess that it takes one to know one.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Isn't being shot part of the zero syndrome? If Trump is repealing old orders then why could the next one not just undo what good Trump is doing? The sames ones against Trump comes from a global community rather than this being a 'civil event'.

Pretty quick on putting 'the Donal' to the acid test as far as who is your friend and who is a liar when they say they are your friend. For Saudi to want to set up 'safe zones' in Syria is like the fox saying where the henhouse is to be build so it can be bombed by mistake as long as NATO can. It is even more blatant that they are 'the enemy of breathing civilians' in Yemen and to provide safety to 'people' would be like 'supporting the enemy'.
Trump should play into the trap and even make it a large event so many aircraft are allowed to take part and then bomb the Saudi leaders by mistake and give the country to the mercs from the recent civil wars in the area as they cannot go back home and sanctuary in the country that 'trained them' is not in the interest of those leasers.

Tent city that is totally empty at the moment. If Saudi was paying their wages that is who ownes them. Same with the US only rather than 'random people' it would include the ones that were given training and/or weapons. The southwest would be the best place and use plastic heads on the ammo and keep it in short supply. Cell phone/smart connection and a handshake for good luck along with the GPS location of the cache of food and ammo that he will need in the coming months. Give the men the weapons and the ammo to the women.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It said the two also discussed what it called an invitation from the king for Drumpf "to lead a Middle East effort to defeat terrorism and to help build a new future, economically and socially," for Saudi Arabia and the region.

economically? Is the prince having money troubles?

Socially? who's friendship can't the prince buy?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Every election cycle, the candidates seem inescapable. But this year, you seriously cannot escape Donald Drumpf, because the guy’s hair is everywhere.

Like the fibonacci sequence, Drumpf’s hair (the only candidate in history whose hair is worthy of an honest to god thesaurus) is visually, subliminally perhaps, everywhere you look.

The pictures below were found by using variations of the #Trumphair hashtag. They prove that, no matter where you look ― a stormy sky, an adorable duckling, even your cheeseburger, for crying out loud ― you will see Drumpf’s abandoned nest, ginger forest, male equivalent of a push-up bra hair instead.

For all the pictures that remind people of the usa's glorious leader

#TrumpHair Is The Hilarious Hashtag Our Country Deserves | The Huffington Post

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Every election cycle, the candidates seem inescapable. But this year, you seriously cannot escape Donald Drumpf, because the guy’s hair is everywhere.

Like the fibonacci sequence, Drumpf’s hair (the only candidate in history whose hair is worthy of an honest to god thesaurus) is visually, subliminally perhaps, everywhere you look.

The pictures below were found by using variations of the #Trumphair hashtag. They prove that, no matter where you look ― a stormy sky, an adorable duckling, even your cheeseburger, for crying out loud ― you will see Drumpf’s abandoned nest, ginger forest, male equivalent of a push-up bra hair instead.

For all the pictures that remind people of the usa's glorious leader

#TrumpHair Is The Hilarious Hashtag Our Country Deserves | The Huffington Post

It tells me "Reptilian Replicant" when I see the mathematical perfection of his cranium. Most people are lumpy. This guy was obviously designed by a whole team.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
He says he doesn't like to lie and I believe that because he is too spontaneous not to be a person who is very honest all the time. Let's see how long it takes him to spot a liar. They were even baiting him on putting Iran into the 'rebel' league so that would be back to the way it has been since 1979, the year Iran became a democracy. Chase out the opposition and then hold an election like Israel did in 1948.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
love him or hate him, he's gettin' sh!t done and not muckin' around kids.

there's a grown man in the White House.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I can hear part of that conversation.

King: "Hello, am I addressing President Trump?"

Trump: "Hi. Yes you are. Is this King Salmon? I used to fish for king salmon when I visited the west coast."

King: I see. I phoned to discuss some of the destabilizing regional activities we might be experiencing . I would like to assure you that my people will be taking a close look at what is happening.

Trump: That's great, king. You do that. I'm sure that we can open things up again if you can get those crazy groups under control.

King: Indeed. They are very distressing.

Trump: Yeah, I'll bet they are. Anyhow, thanks for the call, king. You know, it sounds kind of silly calling you king. It's like when I was a kid. I had a dog named 'King". Bye!