Canada to US: We Don't Support Torture

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
... you dumb fukks. :lol:

Ralph Goodale to tell Trump administration: Canada doesn't support torture

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale says he intends to send a clear message when he talks to U.S. President Donald Trump's team: Canada doesn't condone torture.

"We need to be very clear on this point. Torture is contrary to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, it's contrary to the Canadian Constitution, it's a violation of the Criminal Code, it's inconsistent with virtually every international treaty Canada has ever signed, including the Geneva Convention(s), and most importantly, Canadians find it abhorrent and will never condone it. Period," he told CBC Radio's The House.

In one of his first interviews after assuming office, Trump told ABC News he was willing to embrace torture as a way to "fight fire with fire."

"I have spoken...with people at the highest level of intelligence. And I asked them the question, 'Does it work? Does torture work?' And the answer was, 'Yes, absolutely,'" Trump said.

Ralph Goodale to tell Trump administration: Canada doesn't support torture - Politics - CBC News

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I disagree..

If Canada doesn't support torture, then how come Rick Mercer is still on the air?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Documents show CSIS and RCMP's role in post-9/11 torture of 3 Canadians in Syria
Thousands of pages of secret files obtained by CBC reveal how Canada's police and intelligence service not only knew three Canadians were being tortured in Syrian jails in a post-Sept. 11 crackdown, but co-operated with Syrian officials in their interrogations.

The files also show a Canadian ambassador helped deliver questions the RCMP and CSIS wanted put to the Canadians imprisoned in Syria, a country with a dismal human rights record.

The revelations are featured in "The Torture Files," a joint investigation by The National and the fifth estate that airs this week.

Documents show CSIS and RCMP's role in post-9/11 torture of 3 Canadians in Syria - Canada - CBC News

you disagree?
as always with MF and the facts
so do the facts

so tell ol ralph the hypocrite to go shove his head into a blender

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Wow, that's some big talk coming from Ralph Goodale but the question is, why the hell would Trump even care who Ralph is?
I'm not saying I agree with torture, but Goodale laying it out for Trump will be about as effective as a snow covered solar panel. It's just mental masturbation on his part.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mary Walsh is the other painfully unfunny Canadian act...

When she plays that character Marg Delahunty, you can just smell the B.O. emanating through your TV set into your living room.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
We do support torture.

We have,

the Maple Leafs
Prince Edward Island
The CBC
Toronto
Justin Trudeau
Green Gables
Vancouver Island
Emily Ruth Gustafssen
Sudbury
Rita MacNeil
The Junos
The Sagenuay Valley
Jim Bits
Babs and Lolo
etc.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I find it interesting that Danbones got a red for posting some facts. And it's not like these were secrets beforehand. Looks like some people don't like learning that they've been lied to and that we do support torture, unofficially of course.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
only happens when I post facts too
hmmm
It was like that often with Walter...
but I learned to communicate with and actually like Walter
;)
heya Walt, hope all is well out there bud

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Who cares what Goodale thinks or says? He's a wind bag!
Goodale should tell the Muslim terrorists that Canada doesn't approve of torture. That'll straighten them up!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yes they do.

Now that we have that out of the way.

Stop supporting torture.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Those decrying torture are in a way supporting it by letting ISIS burn people alive, throw them off tall buildings , behead them without going after them whole heartedly and eliminating them.
It's a mystery why anyone would feel mercy for terrorists.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We do support torture.

We have,

the Maple Leafs
Prince Edward Island
The CBC
Toronto
Justin Trudeau
Green Gables
Vancouver Island
Emily Ruth Gustafssen
Sudbury
Rita MacNeil
The Junos
The Sagenuay Valley
Jim Bits
Babs and Lolo
etc.

Don't you dare speak ill of Anne.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
...and that would be the late Rita Macneil.

But I suppose she's somewhere in heaven storming and breaking through the sneeze guard on an all-u-can-eat buffet table.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Documents show CSIS and RCMP's role in post-9/11 torture of 3 Canadians in Syria
Thousands of pages of secret files obtained by CBC reveal how Canada's police and intelligence service not only knew three Canadians were being tortured in Syrian jails in a post-Sept. 11 crackdown, but co-operated with Syrian officials in their interrogations.

The files also show a Canadian ambassador helped deliver questions the RCMP and CSIS wanted put to the Canadians imprisoned in Syria, a country with a dismal human rights record.

The revelations are featured in "The Torture Files," a joint investigation by The National and the fifth estate that airs this week.

Documents show CSIS and RCMP's role in post-9/11 torture of 3 Canadians in Syria - Canada - CBC News

you disagree?
as always with MF and the facts
so do the facts

so tell ol ralph the hypocrite to go shove his head into a blender

I think Flossy meant to say is that although Canada doesn't support torture... Canada tortures people.

And if they don't want to torture people themselves they just turn them over to people who will.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
We do support torture.

We have,

the Maple Leafs
Prince Edward Island
The CBC
Toronto
Justin Trudeau
Green Gables