Putin gives Russian passport to actor Steven Seagal

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Putin gives Russian passport to actor Steven Seagal
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, November 25, 2016 03:42 PM EST | Updated: Friday, November 25, 2016 03:48 PM EST
MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin has given a Russian passport to U.S. action film star Steven Seagal, calling it a sign of a thaw in relations with the United States.
The 64-year old actor has been a regular visitor to Russia in recent years and has accompanied Putin to several martial arts events.
Seagal also has vocally defended the Russian leader’s policies and criticized the U.S. government.
After awarding Seagal citizenship through a presidential decree earlier this month, Putin hosted the actor at the Kremlin on Friday and handed him the passport.
Putin told Seagal he hopes the ceremony, which was shown on Russian state television, is “also a sign of a gradual normalization of the relations between the countries.”
Russian President Vladimir Putin shakes hands with U.S. actor Steven Seagal in the Kremlin in Moscow,Friday, Nov. 25, 2016. Putin has given a Russian passport to Seagal, a regular visitor to Russia in recent years, calling it a sign of a thaw in relations between the two countries. (Alexei Druzhinin/Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)

Putin gives Russian passport to actor Steven Seagal | Celebrities | Entertainmen

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
every bit helps

either segal is tall or vlad is kinda short...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
either segal is tall or vlad is kinda short...
Even without the barrel chest he is a pretty big dude. I wonder if the US will ban the films he makes in Russia?? I also wonder if he will be the start of an exodus to Russia. Homesteading in eastern Russia with a few $100M in the bank would not be a bad way to spend your time.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Even without the barrel chest he is a pretty big dude. I wonder if the US will ban the films he makes in Russia?? I also wonder if he will be the start of an exodus to Russia. Homesteading in eastern Russia with a few $100M in the bank would not be a bad way to spend your time.
The cold war has been over for some time now dummy. They should ban his films in the US though because they suuuuuck!.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
homesteading?...lol, and being buddies with the brass will get you invited to the best parties too...
seems like a nice wide range of activities

It does seem like his movies are better these days when he is just a bit part in another name's movie...
but the next one or the one after that could always be a blockbuster

anyone see hard core henry yet?..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3072482/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
lol, great little russian movie
might help segal to make one as good while he is over there

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Funny thing is, he was a Sheriff's Deputy before he was an actor; when I saw that show he did set in Louisiana, I wondered, but it turns out, that's what he did before his acting career.