The Wicked Witch is Dead! Castro Croaks!!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The BBC, the Labour Party and the rest British Left are in mourning.

First Brexit. They didn't even get over that when Trump was elected. They weren't getting anywhere near getting over that double tragedy when their hero Castro croaks.

It's a triple whammy for the Left. 2016 has been a devastating year for them.

Ken Livingstone praises 'beacon of light'

London's first mayor, the Left-wing Ken Livingstone, said Mr Castro was an "absolute giant of the 20th century", and blamed the US for the restrictions on civil liberties under his leadership.

He said: "I'm sure they will, over time, move towards something like a traditional west European democracy. It could have happened a lot earlier if you hadn't had, the entire time, a blockade by America, attempts to overthrow the regime, eight assassination attempts authorised by American presidents."

Mr Livingstone said Cuba could reform now it was not under threat of American invasion "even if Trump goes a little bit bonkers".

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme "Of course Fidel did things that were wrong", adding: "Initially he wasn't very good on lesbian and gay rights, but the key things that mattered was that people had a good education, good healthcare and wealth was evenly distributed.

"He was not living as a billionaire laundering money off into a Panamanian bank account or anything like that. He was good for the people."

Louise Bond
@bond_louise

Trending at 1: Fidel Castro dies. Trending at 2: Ken Livingstone talking about it.

9:10 AM - 26 Nov 2016

1 1 Retweet 1 Like

Fidel Castro, Cuba's communist revolutionary, dead aged 90 - latest news, world's reaction, and what his death means for the county

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
His death is noted, yours won;t make any headlines at all and that is good. lol One of the few fish to escape the clutches of the US, sanctions noted as being a sign of how badly it wounded the US but it showed their only alternative was sanctions when invasion was not possible.
You are proof of that insanity and that it still exists 7 decades later. lol

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
RIP! One of the greatest men to ever live. CIA terrorists failed to assassinate him despite trying over 600 times. May history dispel reactionary myths and the truth be illuminated once and for all; Viva Castro!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
RIP! One of the greatest men to ever live. CIA terrorists failed to assassinate him despite trying over 600 times. May history dispel reactionary myths and the truth be illuminated once and for all; Viva Castro!

How did this paragon of virtue accrue $ 800,000,000.00 in Swiss bank accounts ? And why ?

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
How did this paragon of virtue accrue $ 800,000,000.00 in Swiss bank accounts ? And why ?
He didn't, lol. Why would Castro has bank accounts in Switzerland. That's for bourgeois tax evaders.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Rural Cuba was one of the places I visited that truly broke my heart. The first time I went I was shocked. I expected poverty, but not like the one I saw. The small towns are unkept, the roads, people, housing, have obviously been completely abandoned by the government. The people are so nice there, I felt bad for them. The Castro island with it's palace was however a place to be seen. If I had been born in Cuba, I would without any doubts taken a boat and tried to make it anywhere. I hope that with this dictator's death, the people have hope of a better life. People are cheering, and rightfully so.

Trump, in my opinion gave the just response to Fidel's death. Good riddance, may the people of Cuba surpass this dark period in their history. JT needs to shake his head, and go there and see what this dictator has done the the island and it's people.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Rural Cuba was one of the places I visited that truly broke my heart. The first time I went I was shocked. I expected poverty, but not like the one I saw. The small towns are unkept, the roads, people, housing, have obviously been completely abandoned by the government.
Lots of rural Latin America is like that people are just left to fend for themselves- seen it in the South Pacific too.