Are we facing a challenge with the identity spectrum?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Historically, the citizens of city states resisted the amalgamation of their city states into nation states, but advancements in society and technology forced the nation onto them. Today, the same changes are now pushing the world towards world federation, and so the nationalists of today resist just as the partisans of the city states resisted in the past. As a result, while nationalists would have been perceived as progressives in their day, they are now perceived as reactionaries today. Might this explain the tension we are witnessing today?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Its white people here, brown people there with black and yellow over there resisting the amalgamation of the world into one state. Whites are easy to pick on because when they have an opinion they are automatically, racist, sexist etc etc...

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Its white people here, brown people there with black and yellow over there resisting the amalgamation of the world into one state. Whites are easy to pick on because when they have an opinion they are automatically, racist, sexist etc etc...

I doubt very much that you can find an ethnic group that has not reacted in a xenophobic fashion at least once in its history. It seems to be the nature of humanity to regard any culture that is different from theirs as threatening. Countries like Canada and Brazil, however, have shown that it is possible for people from various cultural and racial groups to live together with a minimum of animosity and in many cases outright tolerance, understanding, and friendship.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I doubt very much that you can find an ethnic group that has not reacted in a xenophobic fashion at least once in its history. It seems to be the nature of humanity to regard any culture that is different from theirs as threatening. Countries like Canada and Brazil, however, have shown that it is possible for people from various cultural and racial groups to live together with a minimum of animosity and in many cases outright tolerance, understanding, and friendship.

I agree, but the whole globalization format that we are moving into has left many people behind. This has led to these new appointments. Canadians arent xenophobic at large so it might be something else. Like people may feel they need some kind of action, any action to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Canadians arent being xenophobic by default, canadaians are just tired of being left behind. With our move to phase out coal we are at the same time not working on an apparent remedy to fill the "hole" which will lead to more saltiness from those who felt "dubbed".

In Ontario for example, people are tired for paying more than they have too. But if i say its bull**** then im automatically considered a bigot because im white.

Anyways im kinda drink now but ill come back on this tommorow