US Legislator says Canadian drivers should be restricted from driving in US

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Would this apply to pedestrians and cyclists? What about skiers and snowshoers?

I hope he really means drivers in the narrow sense of the word... Okay, flight and ship's captain's too I suppose.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I would think a Canadian would need a damn good reason to even visit the US these days, 20 years ago it was a much different place. I would suggest Canadians explore our own country to the upmost before going to any foreign nation so it isn't just the US that has changed.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
That's brilliant! And he's so polite. Sir, we drive on the same side of the road as you. Checking with an assistant, he discovers we drive on the left. "No, no. I don't think you do."

I'd phone or email my support, but we don't have phones or use the Internet here. One day maybe...:lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
That's brilliant! And he's so polite. "No, no. I don't think you do."

I'd phone or email my support, but we don't have phones or use the Internet here. One day maybe...:lol:

So how did you just post that online?

As for myself, I have my computer connected to my exercise bike. If I want to surf the web, I need to peddle.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
So how did you just post that online?

As for myself, I have my computer connected to my exercise bike. If I want to surf the web, I need to peddle.

I'm visiting a rich relative in New York.:lol:

Wow, they sure have a lot of cars here! And such big, PAVED roadways! 8O

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Where do you find these 'rich relatives'? All the ones that stay at my place can't even chip in for anything. Does that make me the 'rich relative'?? lol

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Is it better than Old York?

I think so. Old York is in England, I believe.
---

I think this interview is a setup. It is reminiscent of the comedic style used by the Onion. Especially the part where he turns to his assistant to check if Canadians drive on the right side. After all, he ain't from Arkansas. :)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I thought so, and well done.

Wait until the world finds out that there is no such person as Hillary Clinton. Bill made her up for the news media, back when he was the king.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Rumour has it
Its Bill in drag
and its taken from an old highschool skit
The Distllery Clingon I think it was called
by PretendIcantsee Williams

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Of course, jerkwater, hillbilly American politicians pose a significant danger to Canadians, wherever we happen to be in the world.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The best words I ever heard from a Washington State Trooper was said to his partner, 'Hey Joe, these guys are from Alberta.'