IMF: Canada now has the potential to be an Economic Leader

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Because of Trudeau's policy.

Canada can lead process of global economic recovery: IMF's Lagarde

By Matt Scuffham and Fergal Smith

TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada can lead the process of global economic recovery by setting standards for other countries to aspire to, the International Monetary Fund's Managing Director Christine Lagarde said on Tuesday.

Speaking at an event organized by the C.D.Howe Institute think tank, Lagarde praised Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for adopting the IMF's three-pronged approach of taking monetary, fiscal and structural action to avert the risk of recession

"There's nothing like setting standards. There is nothing that I would hope for more than Canada succeeding in that three-pronged approach. It seems to me that Canada can actually lead that process," Lagarde said.

"The prime minister's enthusiasm, passion and very articulate indication at the G20, for instance, of what the policy mix is going to be is a good step in that direction," she added.

Trudeau has committed to doubling federal infrastructure spending to C$120 billion over the next 10 years to stimulate Canada's sluggish economic growth. However, the country's economy still faces serious challenges.

The Bank of Canada warned this month that Canada's economic performance could be weaker than it anticipated just two months ago with exports disappointing, but the central bank stuck to a forecast that growth will bounce back in the second half.

Lagarde also addressed a growing public backlash against free trade and globalization, calling on Tuesday for more inclusive growth which reduces economic inequality and benefits workers from all economic sectors.

Canada can lead process of global economic recovery: IMF's Lagarde | Top News | Reuters

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Canada can lead the process of global economic recovery by setting standards for other countries to aspire to
Of course, the IMF want every country to aspire to accumulate huge amounts of debt they can never pay off. The IMF are only in existence to guide policy that creates profit for the World Bank and that is accomplished through deficit spending by governments.

You really are an unintelligent buffoon Mentalfool!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Because of Trudeau's policy.

Canada can lead process of global economic recovery: IMF's Lagarde

By Matt Scuffham and Fergal Smith

TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada can lead the process of global economic recovery by setting standards for other countries to aspire to, the International Monetary Fund's Managing Director Christine Lagarde said on Tuesday.

Speaking at an event organized by the C.D.Howe Institute think tank, Lagarde praised Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for adopting the IMF's three-pronged approach of taking monetary, fiscal and structural action to avert the risk of recession

"There's nothing like setting standards. There is nothing that I would hope for more than Canada succeeding in that three-pronged approach. It seems to me that Canada can actually lead that process," Lagarde said.

"The prime minister's enthusiasm, passion and very articulate indication at the G20, for instance, of what the policy mix is going to be is a good step in that direction," she added.

Trudeau has committed to doubling federal infrastructure spending to C$120 billion over the next 10 years to stimulate Canada's sluggish economic growth. However, the country's economy still faces serious challenges.

The Bank of Canada warned this month that Canada's economic performance could be weaker than it anticipated just two months ago with exports disappointing, but the central bank stuck to a forecast that growth will bounce back in the second half.

Lagarde also addressed a growing public backlash against free trade and globalization, calling on Tuesday for more inclusive growth which reduces economic inequality and benefits workers from all economic sectors.

Canada can lead process of global economic recovery: IMF's Lagarde | Top News | Reuters

:laughing3:

Manufacturing will be back any minute now .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I simply can't imagine how our kids and grandkids are going to have the standard of living we now have. They are going to be so taxed, that they won't be able to afford anything; unemployment will be constantly high because companies will simply close or move out because of the taxation levels.

As we get closer to talking about retiring, I worry about if we'll be able to retire when we want to. I don't want to work when I'm 70 or 75. My job can be done by someone younger but if I can't afford to leave, then that "younger" person doesn't get work. Most of us are working longer not only because we're healthier, but because we can't afford not to work.

I dunno ... I worry about what is happening and the country's total debt (federal and provincial) doesn't make me very comfortable about the future, that's for sure! Having a "pretty" PM in power doesn't make me feel any better either - I'd prefer Brains to Braun, but that's just me.

I would much prefer a Harper to a Trudeau because while he may not have been the "warmest" "fuzziest" PM, he was down to earth and strong in this beliefs that Canadians should pay the least amount of taxes possible with a government that is responsible in their spending. Having said that, I think the Conservatives were spending much more than necessary as well but most governments do. He was simply the better alternative of the two we had.

JMHO

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
at which end of this leader are we?
the line
or the fish?
"Top Economists: Iceland Did It Right … And Everyone Else Is Doing It Wrong
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012...it-right-everyone-else-is-doing-it-wrong.html

Sure we could be an economic Leader, all have to do is a complete about face from both HARPER and TRUDEAU, who according to the eXpoits, don't know Jack in reality

PS
3-d printers of tomorrow
ever wonder why the US is SO SUPER koo koo for copyright today?

PPS
the IMF makes impossible loans to countries which can not be payed back
and then under that excuse, they take their pound of flesh and rape the countries' resources and the country gets nothing but more in debt

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If manufacturing is defunct then there's no need for Free Trades or TPP's........

Or worrying about our dollar being worth more the the USD.

flosshole spent months whining about Dutch Disease then complained buying Chinese goods on eBay got too expensive when the dollar was tanked to stimulate manufacturing but now realizes manufacturering is dead.

Must be all the good deals on eBay from China keeping goods from being made and sold in Canada.

What a maroon.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'd like a 4d printer that will make things that will be waiting for me in the future.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sounds like we are being set up to be the fall-guy. Might I suggest we look at that option after the fiat banksters fall.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) - Affaires ...

www.international.gc.ca/CETA

Aug 8, 2016 - The Canada and European Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a high quality agreement that reinforces Canada’s fundamental relationship with the European Union. CETA covers all aspects of our broad trading relationship with the EU, including goods ...

( Most importantly this corporate international agreement will and does supercede Canadian law. Welcome to the worlds largest labour camp.) DB Eaver

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I hope thats largest in square miles
cause I don't have work boots that fit square feet