The Brits weren't wrong

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
POLITICS
Files show what U.K. diplomats really thought of 1980s Canada, but were too polite to say

European correspondent Paul Waldie digs through newly declassified documents whose undiplomatic language paints a clearer picture of how Mulroney’s rise and Canada’s political upheaval were perceived behind the scenes

mo

Files show what U.K. diplomats really thought of 1980s Canada, but were too polite to*say - The Globe and Mail

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Have the Brits ever been right? Seriously.

The Brits probably got this information from the Russians.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I hope Ottawa had the foresight to destroy their files. I can imagine what the old dogs use to say about Britain's PM's while smoking their huge cigars.... Eden, Thatcher, Major, Blair and a few more, OMG!! or their opinions about some of the Royal, Yikes!!! Charles Tampon want-a-bee; Fergie's escapades; Camilla..it would not be a pretty thing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
At least none of the above court the titles "war criminal" like Tony Blair does or "reckless gambler" like David Cameron does.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Have the Brits ever been right? Seriously.

The British were right not to adopt the euro.

I hope Ottawa had the foresight to destroy their files. I can imagine what the old dogs use to say about Britain's PM's while smoking their huge cigars.... Eden, Thatcher, Major, Blair and a few more, OMG!! or their opinions about some of the Royal, Yikes!!! Charles Tampon want-a-bee; Fergie's escapades; Camilla..it would not be a pretty thing.

Don't forget that they are also Canada's royals.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The British were right not to adopt the euro.

Don't forget that they are also Canada's royals.

... until we decide that they are no longer our royals ...

Camilla's Tampon coming to the throne might just be our cue to Mexit.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Once the Turks and Caicos give you the boot, it will be 15 countries.

How do you know?

The Turks and Caicos aren't one of the 16 Commonwealth realms in their own right. They're a British Overseas Territory and not a country. Therefore, they are counted as the United Kingdom.

I give it about a year

Okay. I'll speak to you again on Monday 28th August 2017.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How do you know?

It's my business to know these kind of things

The Turks and Caicos aren't one of the 16 Commonwealth realms in their own right. They're a British Overseas Territory and not a country. Therefore, they are counted as the United Kingdom.

Regardless, they will not be sharing the Monarchy any more, will they?

Okay. I'll speak to you again on Monday 28th August 2017.

In all likelihood, you won't have to wait that long