Reports military has blocked the Bosporus Bridge in Istanbul for an unknown reason

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
ilhan tanir ‏@WashingtonPoint

I heard this gunfire happening in front of Turkish Intel Building: Gunfire heard in capital Ankara: @reuters witness

Istanbul's Bosphorus Bridge and Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge were both closed on Friday, local television channels reported, without giving a reason.

Dogan News Agency footage showed cars and buses being diverted. CNN Turkey showed two military vehicles and a group of soldiers lined up at the entrance of one of the bridges in Turkey's biggest city.

A Turkish official who did not want to be named said soldiers had been deployed in other cities in Turkey, but did not specify which ones.

Dogan News Agency reported the national police directorate summoned all police to duty in Ankara.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-istanbul-bridges-idUSKCN0ZV2FE

stay tuned kids.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I hope not because the usual has been very depressing for quite some time.

I still can't discover who's backing this coup, Russia or Usa. RT has lots of headlins but no spelling out, it is the Turkish military but nothing much else. Erdogan is at the coast on vacation speaking to the people via twitter.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I just spoke with Selin (who is a Turk living in Istanbul), and she says it is a false flag conducted by their schizophrenic president to scare people into giving him more power. Some of you may remember Selin who used to hang out here.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's a military coup. Business will continue as usual in the West.

... as long as the military are united and of one mind. A split military (Islamicists-Seclarists?) adds up to a civil war. Can you imagine a worst place to have fall apart in civil war than the Black Sea area during a massive migration running through there and a Russia that wants to prove it's might?

We live in interesting times.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Britain's new Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, who is of Turkish ancestry, is currently dealing with the situation in Turkey. Back in May, he won The Spectator’s President Erdogan Offensive Poetry competition.

Here's his winning poem:
There was a young fellow from Ankara
Who was a terrific wankerer
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.