The Next Exits

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think Southie should secede from Taxachusetts. While you still can.

T-Bones... have you been to Southie in recent years? Except for the housing projects... that place has been gentrified. That old steaming hot apartment that my Grandmother paid $40 a month for is now a $600,000 piece of property.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
T-Bones... have you been to Southie in recent years? Except for the housing projects... that place has been gentrified. That old steaming hot apartment that my Grandmother paid $40 a month for is now a $600,000 piece of property.
That's why I said "while you still can." When you have more latte bars and sushi restaurants than you have homes, you're done.

Probably already too late. Last time I was there was three years back, and the frou-frou-ification of Southie was well under way.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That's why I said "while you still can." When you have more latte bars and sushi restaurants than you have homes, you're done.

Probably already too late. Last time I was there was three years back, and the frou-frou-ification of Southie was well under way.

Oh gosh yes... 3 years ago it was well underway. More like they were just putting on the finishing touches. There are very very few rough and tumble bars.

I just googled Bars on Broadway in South Boston

Look at this...

It is called The Playwright!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh gosh yes... 3 years ago it was well underway. More like they were just putting on the finishing touches. There are very very few rough and tumble bars.

I just googled Bars on Broadway in South Boston

Look at this...

It is called The Playwright!

Wow, I guess this answers Cleavon Little's question in Blazing Saddles, "Where all the white women at?"

The more I deal with Atlantic coast urbanites, the more I miss Oklahoma rednecks.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Huh. . . tribal rituals of the Caucasian people.

You know what I don't miss... going into the bars in Southie and running into all those illegal immigrants.

"Yoo fooking tink you Irish... yoo don't know fook all about Ireland."

"Fahk you...take youh fahking big mouth outta heah. That fahking sh*t might work in Hyde Pahk but it ain't working heah. Get the fahk outta heah while youh still breathing you fahking hee haw."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You know what I don't miss... going into the bars in Southie and running into all those illegal immigrants.

"Yoo fooking tink you Irish... yoo don't know fook all about Ireland."

"Fahk you...take youh fahking big mouth outta heah. That fahking sh*t might work in Hyde Pahk but it ain't working heah. Get the fahk outta heah while youh still breathing you fahking hee haw."
Yep, coming over here from their Third-World homeland with their weird religion and all the violence. . .