19 reasons why the world has fallen in love with Justin Trudeau

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Does your leader define you as a nation? I respected Canada not knowing who in the hell was at the helm. Strange way to think.
Precisely. Wally just hates anyone or anything left of Attila the Hun. Canada is just Canada although we went from a peace keeping nation to a war mongering nation with Harper at the helm. But then, Wally is a Yanky wannabe and probably gets his jollies when we attack other countries.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Guess I don't know a whole lot. What I know about Canada is contained in the Gordon Lightfoot tune, Canadian Railroad Trilogy. As a common worker myself the song was attractive to me. I like the working class.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Does your leader define you as a nation? I respected Canada not knowing who in the hell was at the helm. Strange way to think.

No, they don't define us, Lud but they do represent us on the world stage. Mr Harper was respected for his economic acumen not his personality which was to say the least stodgy and sometimes truculent. It is far too early to tell how the next four years will play out under our new PM but for now the fact that he is liked and admired is a positive for Canada.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, they don't define us, Lud but they do represent us on the world stage. Mr Harper was respected for his economic acumen not his personality which was to say the least stodgy and sometimes truculent. It is far too early to tell how the next four years will play out under our new PM but for now the fact that he is liked and admired is a positive for Canada.

Yeah, I agree with you. Beside we live in a democracy and the majority or at least plurality rules. So far Justin is doing some good things and he's keeping to his word where possible. I don't think it behooves anyone to belittle him because they can't get over the fact Harper (good man that he is) lost...that's the name of the game. Showing ignorance by feminizing his name doesn't serve anyone except to put the spot light on the ignoramus. He's established as P.M. now.............when he was just campaigning it was a little different!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yeah, I agree with you. Beside we live in a democracy and the majority or at least plurality rules. So far Justin is doing some good things and he's keeping to his word where possible. I don't think it behooves anyone to belittle him because they can't get over the fact Harper (good man that he is) lost...that's the name of the game. Showing ignorance by feminizing his name doesn't serve anyone except to put the spot light on the ignoramus. He's established as P.M. now.............when he was just campaigning it was a little different!

Well said, JLM.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Most of the country is happy with him and most agree with his policies
The young people are not conservative and they were largely the reason
Harper was blown out of office.
I am not gushing over Trudeau but he is a major improvement over the
likes of Harper. We were not respected during the Harper era and I as a
Canadian was embarrassed when he babbled at Putin hiding behind
America. It was silly and childish. Harper had a bleak outlook of austerity
and there is nothing more. Trudeau seems to have captured that Kennedy
spirit of renewal
I think he could have a long run in office at the Tories expense

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
#20 He is an idiot. Meaning all the leftys around the world identify with him,

Nah, let's give "the devil" his due, he's definitely no dummy. Now whether he will succeed or fail is anyone's guess. I do worry about spending money he ain't got!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nah, let's give "the devil" his due, he's definitely no dummy. Now whether he will succeed or fail is anyone's guess. I do worry about spending money he ain't got!

He has already failed. Putting us back into deficit and yet more debt is totally irresponsible. Not to mention being an international laughing stock by backing down on our commitment to fight ISIS and his swallowing the globull warming BS and committing us to spend yet more money on this foolishness.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He has already failed. Putting us back into deficit and yet more debt is totally irresponsible. Not to mention being an international laughing stock by backing down on our commitment to fight ISIS and his swallowing the globull warming BS and committing us to spend yet more money on this foolishness.

I think we all have to start paying attention to climate change (it's pretty hard to ignore) before it bites us in the A$$.

Most of the country is happy with him and most agree with his policies
The young people are not conservative and they were largely the reason
Harper was blown out of office.
I am not gushing over Trudeau but he is a major improvement over the
likes of Harper. We were not respected during the Harper era and I as a
Canadian was embarrassed when he babbled at Putin hiding behind
America. It was silly and childish. Harper had a bleak outlook of austerity
and there is nothing more. Trudeau seems to have captured that Kennedy
spirit of renewal
I think he could have a long run in office at the Tories expense

Taxslave raises some good points.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I think we all have to start paying attention to climate change (it's pretty hard to ignore) before it bites us in the A$$.

Gotta agree with you there. Driving home from Campbell RIver in that blinding snow storm thursday night was pure hell.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Gotta agree with you there. Driving home from Campbell RIver in that blinding snow storm thursday night was pure hell.

Good thing you can do it on that new highway that I contributed toward the construction. :) :) (Cut many lines through the bush & climbed up and down Tsable River canyon I don't know how many times.) :)