Tehran contest offers $50,000 prize for best Holocaust cartoon

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
don't think the others got enough press.

#jesuisakbar

Iranian media cites organizers as saying competition scheduled for June 2016 is expected to draw in participants from 50 countries.

An international cartoon contest held in Tehran is set this year to focus on the Holocaust, offering a $50,000 cash prize to the winner.

The organizers of the 11th Tehran International Cartoon Biennial announced on Wednesday that the competition scheduled for June 2016 was expected to draw in participants from 50 countries, according to Iran's semi-official IRNA news agency.

While competition is likely to produce contentious works, the organizers of the contest affiliated with the Tehran municipality did not specifically hold such viewpoints on the Nazi atrocities during World War II.

“We do not mean to approve or deny the Holocaust, however, the main question is that why is there no permission to talk about the Holocaust despite their (the West) belief in freedom of speech," IRNA quoted contest secretary Masud Shojai-Tabatabai as saying.

However, he indicated the accusation that Israel leveraged the genocide of the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust against the Palestinians.

“Moreover, why should the oppressed people of Palestine pay the price for the Holocaust?" he was quoted as saying.

On the sidelines of the competition encouraging illustrators to draw about the Holocaust, the biennial had reportedly arranged for a geopolitcially-motived portrait contest focusing on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of Iran's foe Israel.

Last May, a similar competition took place in Iran at the Second International Holocaust Cartoon Contest.

Tehran contest offers $50,000 prize for best Holocaust cartoon - Middle East - Jerusalem Post

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
It's a great contest. It will draw more participants than last year.

When you start a cartoon war Johnny you should expect art attacks in retaliation and not whine about getting what you asked for.

That is true.

I like your answer. I can expect people who believed the holocaust was real to hold back and not go around shooting editors :lol:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
That is true.

I like your answer. I can expect people who believed the holocaust was real to hold back and not go around shooting editors :lol:

I say we call in our American special op team. Nuk the whole city in response 😎 Laugh out loud

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Somebody do the artwork that shows a Jewish guy (cap showing) from the back and you can see part of a bouquet of flowers that he brought with him and in front of him is an empty field (representing the 'reduced number conspiracy angle ' to the extreme) It is was a false flag operation by hidden people with a hidden agenda.
Split the win 70% me 30% artist.

T i t for tat...

Someone should shoot the winner of the cartoon contest... ;)
Please let you be the artist in 'our' win. (100% for me is something I could put up with)

or make a full length feature film about the prophet Muhammad. Monty Python Style :lol:
How would the 'black night skit go? Suicide bomber with crappy bombs??
How's your drawing hand? Yesterday you showed a desire to be universally hated, the cartoon as mild as it is would make your wish come true beyond your wildest dreams. lol

Then they cry around about someone drawing pictures of the prophet Mohammad, go figure
It didn't seem to stop said pictures from appearing and the complaining amounted to free PR for the 'artwork'. Guess where the prints were made?? Really, go ahead, you won't believe where the mail-order house is located.

It's a great contest. It will draw more participants than last year.
Good one, got an artistic hand?? Let's hope the opposite happens as soon as our entry is accepted.

I say we call in our American special op team. Nuk the whole city in response 😎 Laugh out loud
We best keep you well entertained and contained.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Let em have their silly contest.

I think speech should never be censored, not even the most outlandishly ignorant speech.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Angerstrong, a question. The 'hostage rescue' in 1980 didn't go so well, you sure you want to see a repeat?

Let em have their silly contest.

I think speech should never be censored, not even the most outlandishly ignorant speech.
It isn't like the West will publish any of them.

The host should allow an online poll so the decision is a global one.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Exactly, the Iranians look like a bunch of knuckle dragging Neanderthals, and they are well within their right.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Angerstrong, a question. The 'hostage rescue' in 1980 didn't go so well, you sure you want to see a repeat?

Why don't you enter the contest, you're the resident Jew hater here, and a few others..

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You are stuttering. Do you even read the thread as I pointed out you should be my artist and I already gave you the details of the toon.

Exactly, the Iranians look like a bunch of knuckle dragging Neanderthals, and they are well within their right.
So why is this even a thread if we don't care about it?

Why don't you enter the contest, the the resident Jew hater here, and a few others..
I hate you for a lot of reasons, being Jewish isn't one of them.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You are stuttering. Do you even read the thread as I pointed out you should be my artist and I already gave you the details of the toon.

So why is this even a thread if we don't care about it?

I didn't start the thread, but if you're asking why I am posting, well isn't that the nature of being on a forum?

Back on topic: Iran could be a great contributor to this world, but they choose hate over advancement. It's pathetic really.

Following the wisdom of false prophets who wouldn't know God if he kicked them in the a$$.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

I see them as my enemies, You on the other hand see them as your own Kin.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
They have a open arrest warrant for him over there. Animal abuse.

Do they even show loonie tunes on TV anymore?

I see them as my enemies, You on the other hand see them as your own Kin.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I didn't start the thread, but if you're asking why I am posting, well isn't because that is the nature of being on a forum.

Back on topic: Iran could be a great contributor to this world, but they choose hate over advancement. It's pathetic really.

Following the wisdom of false prophets who wouldn't know God if he kicked them in the a$$.

They are advanced enough for the stinking Misraelis to whine continuously for decades about exactly that advancement. If the Iranians were as bloodthirsty as Misrael they would have destroyed that nest of thieves and liars years ago. They have the ability to do that in several hours.