Isil bulldozes 1,500-year-old Catholic church in Syria

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
vis : Operation Empty Chair - Small Dead Animals

Don't expect the Vatican to weigh in unless they start blowing up wind turbines:

Pictures on the internet show Isil bulldozing parts of the 1,500-year-old Catholic monastery of Mar Elian near the Syrian town of Qaryatain, southeast of Homs.

St Elian was martyred in the third century by his father, a Roman soldier, for refusing to renounce Christianity. Frescoes that may date back to the sixth century, which would make them the oldest Christian paintings in the country, were recently uncovered in the church.

Isil took Qaryatain at the start of August and carried off 230 people, among them many Christians.

Isil bulldozes 1,500-year-old Catholic church in Syria

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Syrian land, Syrian choice.
Europeans got rid of a lot of native stuff after they arrived here. Till then it were natives that did stuff here and Europeans did stuff in Europe..

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Incredible... ISIL actually has support here at CanCon!

Like legitimate support.

Is it because they leveled a church?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Of course....some atheists are dancing for joy......

Find the bones of a prehistoric man/woman in North American and all hell breaks loose.

Anyways... I never thought I'd see actual support of ISIL in destroying historic sites (or anything for that matter) but clearly I was wrong.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nope. WOuldn't have bothered me if they had leveled a wigwam either.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What native stuff? Does your "earth science" preclude you from knowing any history? Europeans did their best to get rid of native religions, languages, artifacts, etc.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Language is in perpetual evolution. Has tho not noticed?

They never had Religion and what artifacts were destroyed?