French peasants expressing their disagreement with their govt

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Why is the title calling these folks peasants? Sounds very Marxist.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Ignorance is bliss.
No just a word defining things we don't know which is in all of us . I'm ignorant of many things like the temperature on the surface of Jupiter or what happened at the court square over the weekend in Salem Arkansas. Ignorance and stupidity are two totally different words with different meanings. There are things that I'm glad I do not know and I guess that's where bliss comes in. I'm glad I don't know what bad people do every day. I know I'm rambling ,,these words and a quarter won't buy anyone a boloney sammich.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Stupidity is piss poor judgement, ignorance is lack of knowledge.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge, you're right. A lot of ignorance though is people wilfully disregarding options, chances to learn, grow, change. There are very few (legitimate) excuses in fully developed areas of the world for people not to be knowledgable.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Stupidity is piss poor judgement, ignorance is lack of knowledge.
stupid is as stupid does~Forrest Gump. One of my least favorite words. Depression era folks who migrated to the west looking for a better life were referred to as stupid because they didn't have the option of attaining an education. The only stupid people in that scenario, were the ones using the word.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Why is the title calling these folks peasants? Sounds very Marxist.

The description 'peasant' has been around before even Marx's great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents were even considered by their great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents.

The title was a jab at the French Royalties history of treating the non royals or peasants........

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The description 'peasant' has been around before even Marx's great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents were even considered by their great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandparents.

The title was a jab at the French Royalties history of treating the non royals or peasants........
You're so full of shjt. What royals? The royals fled or lost their heads in 1793-1794.