Koch Group Sends Envoy To Rome To Convince Pope To Shut Up

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Koch Group Sends Envoy To Rome To Convince Pope To Shut Up About Climate Change

In the clearest example yet of the stunning hubris of American conservative movement, a think tank backed by the Koch brothers says it will send a group of right-wing “scientists” (let’s use that term loosely here) to convince Pope Francis that his stance on climate change (i.e. that it exists and it is deeply troubling) is both scientifically wrong, but also biblically so.
You read that right: A group of wealthy energy industry businessmen think they can preach the gospel of climate denialism to the pope. This should be fun to watch.
The pope caught the ire of the libertarian-leaning Heartland Institute when the Vatican announced that he would be holding meetings with United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-Moon and other experts to discuss what policymakers and religious leaders can do to better combat the worst effects of climate change. Heartland Institute’s subsequent freak out was captured in the hurriedly released statement announcing they would be sending their own experts to the meeting to intervene.

More: Addicting Info – Koch Group Sends Envoy To Rome To Convince Pope To Shut Up About Climate Change

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
And you figure the pope is more knowledgeable than scientists about climate change? Looks like waldo has made a believer out of you.
How much was the koolaid?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is like a maze for me. First I don't subscribe to the hysteria of climate change
Secondly the Kosh Brothers are idiots and the Pope will not be cowed by a complaint
from them, This Pope above all is not frightened by the like of these two.
While I think the hysteria is out of hand with proclamations of doom I do think we are
not living up to our agreements with Mother Nature

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
AddictingInfo makes up more stories than Brian Williams.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Both you clowns missed the point. It is about big oil telling the Pope to shut up.
All the world is a stage, you know that right?
If the Pope stops his act that doesn't mean the end of religion, it means that the one that replaces it will be also part of the show.

Before he became Pope he was a Roman Catholic priest. Think about it.
Amazing, first time I have seen how Sherlock operates.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This is like a maze for me. First I don't subscribe to the hysteria of climate change
Secondly the Kosh Brothers are idiots and the Pope will not be cowed by a complaint
from them, This Pope above all is not frightened by the like of these two.
While I think the hysteria is out of hand with proclamations of doom I do think we are
not living up to our agreements with Mother Nature
wow, a balanced approach are you sure you're in the right forum?