Tony Blair's former deputy PM, blames Blair for British Radicals

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Tony Blair's former deputy prime minister, John Prescott, thinks he can explain the radicalization of Britain's Muslim youth - his former boss Tony Blair's "bloody crusade" to topple Saddam Hussein.

The outspoken former deputy PM, who was recently appointed as an unpaid adviser with special responsibility for climate change by Labour leader Ed Miliband, said he believes Blair was wrong for invading Iraq in 2003.

"They told us it wasn't regime change. It was. And that's exactly what the Americans have had,” he was recorded saying.

"Now Tony, unfortunately is still in to that. I mean the way he's going now, he now wants to invade everywhere.

He should put a white coat on with a red cross and let's start the bloody crusades again."

He went on: "When I hear people talking about how people are radicalised, young Muslims. I'll tell you how they are radicalised.

"Every time they watch the television where their families are worried, their kids are being killed or murdered and rockets, you know, firing on all these people, that's what radicalises them."

Mr Prescott’s remarks come amid growing fears over the number of young men, women and teenagers from Britain fleeing the country to join Isis in Syria or Iraq.

Former deputy PM John Prescott links Tony Blair's Iraq invasion with radicalisation of young Muslims - People - News - The Independent

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Still, when you got a couple of hundred thousand individuals doing the same kind of behaviour, and millions more supporting or condoning them, you gotta wonder if there's a common thread.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I never listen to anything Two Jags says. He was a useless lump as Blair's Deputy PM.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
“Forgive him Theodotus: he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.”
- Caesar and Cleopatra, George Bernard Shaw