Racist? No Nigel Farage is simply stating the obvious

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ukip have, once again, been talking common sense on extreme Islam and the need to prioritise British citizens in the jobs market.

In fact, they've been talking so much common sense that the arrogant liberal left-wing establishment are now coming out accusing them of being
‘RAAY-CIST!’.

Racist? No Nigel Farage is simply stating the obvious, writes RICHARD LITTLEJOHN

By Richard Littlejohn for the Daily Mail
13 March 2015
Daily Mail

If it’s illegal to favour British citizens, why is it perfectly OK to give preference to Poles?

Nigel Farage finds himself embroiled in yet another bogus race row simply for having the audacity to challenge the cosy consensus of our arrogant political elite.

Even though his comments on extreme Islam and the need to prioritise British citizens in the jobs market will strike most people as eminently measured and reasonable, he has been greeted with a predictable, bovine chorus of ‘RAAY-CIST!’.

Labour’s Sadiq Khan hysterically accused the Ukip leader of wanting to turn the clock back 50 years to the days when boarding houses would display signs reading: ‘No blacks, no dogs, no Irish’ — even though he knows perfectly well that isn’t what Farage is proposing.

Nigel Farage, pictured, has been branded a racist following his call to prioritise jobs for British people

Downing Street waded in, alleging that Farage is in favour of ‘racial discrimination’ and calling his remarks ‘wrong and desperate’.

Call Me Dave denounced Farage’s views as ‘appalling’, which only serves to explain why so many natural Tories have deserted to Ukip.

So what has Farage done to attract this latest shower of Clarksonian opprobrium? Let’s first examine what he said about Islam.

He told Trevor Phillips, for a forthcoming Channel 4 programme, that there are some Muslims in Britain who comprise ‘a fifth column living in our country who hate us and want to kill us’.

What’s inflammatory about that? It’s a fact. Not even Phillips, a former head of the Equalities Commission, would argue against it.

Survey after survey shows significant numbers of British Muslims sympathising with Islamist terrorists and favouring the introduction of sharia law in this country.

We’ve had young British Muslims mounting terror attacks here and queuing up to join jihad abroad. You only have to turn on the television to stumble across a self-appointed Muslim spokesman spouting hatred of our values.

So Farage wasn’t being racist, he was stating the bleedin’ obvious.

Now let’s address the more contentious aspect of the interview, in which Farage called for anti-discrimination legislation to be scrapped.

He said this was a different country from the time 40-odd years ago when these laws were introduced. He’s right. Britain has changed beyond recognition, both demographically and in terms of social attitudes.

For what’s it’s worth, I don’t agree with him about getting rid of the rules preventing discrimination against people on the grounds of race or colour.

Nor was that the central thrust of his point. Farage insists this isn’t a question of ‘black v white’. But it is about nationality.

His main concern is that employers are prevented from favouring English-speaking British candidates, from whatever ethnic background, over foreign applicants.

He said: ‘I think the situation that we now have, where an employer is not allowed to choose between a British-born person and somebody from Poland, is a ludicrous state ofaffairs.’

Again, I’m certain most people would say: Amen to that.

Here’s just one example. A company owned by a Labour council in Carmarthenshire is advertising for Polish-speaking ‘recycling operatives’. Cwm Environmental says the ability to speak Polish is not essential but would be an ‘advantage’ since a significant proportion of its staff are Poles.

Managing director John Rees said: ‘There are health and safety considerations and it makes sense for workers to be able to communicate in Polish.’

The clear implication is that Polish applicants will be hired before natives of Carmarthenshire.

But if it’s illegal to favour British citizens, why is it perfectly OK to give preference to Poles? The company is advertising for glorified dustmen, not interpreters.

Inevitably, Welsh nationalists are bouncing up and down about it, but not for the most obvious reason.

Plaid Cymru said: ‘While we welcome the recognition of the desirability of the Polish language, we are saddened that the council does not always place the same emphasis on the need to be able to communicate through the medium of Welsh when delivering public services.’

Why on earth would Welsh nationalists welcome ‘the desirability of the Polish language’ in Wales? I would imagine it’s because they don’t want to appear ‘racist’.

Lovely, tidy, smashing.

Call me controversial, but wouldn’t it make more sense to insist that all staff speak English? I’ve never met a Welsh nationalist who can’t understand English. And surely if Poles want to live and work in Britain, the very least they can do is learn the language.

Look, I’ve written repeatedly that I don’t blame anyone wanting to come to Britain looking for work. Much of our expanding economy would collapse without the recent influx of foreign labour.

But we wouldn’t need to recruit so many people from abroad if British men and women were prepared to take lower-paid jobs.

The reason they don’t is because under Labour they found that they were better off staying at home, living on benefits — a scandal which Iain Duncan Smith has spent the past five years trying to address.

Jeff Randall, pictured, reported from Merthyr Tydfil where the unemployed were so lazy they couldn't even be bothered to catch a bus a few miles to Cardiff where there were jobs available

A couple of years ago, Sky’s former business presenter Jeff Randall reported from unemployment black‑spot Merthyr Tydfil, where he discovered people who were so accustomed to living in a dependency culture that they couldn’t even be bothered to catch a bus a few miles to Cardiff, where jobs were available.

So is it any wonder that employers in Wales — and across Britain — would rather hire staff from Eastern Europe who are imbued with the work ethic? The problem is that many British people who want to work now find themselves excluded from employment by immigrants, who are often prepared to accept lower wages.

And under EU free movement laws it is illegal to discriminate in favour of British jobseekers.

Gordon Brown banged on about creating ‘British jobs for British workers’ but knew perfectly well it was a non-starter. Farage is also on a hiding to nothing, even though he is simply articulating what millions of people feel.

Immigration has brought benefits, but it’s absurd to pretend it hasn’t created problems. It’s a fact that some British citizens believe and resent, rightly or wrongly, that recent arrivals get a better deal.

The political establishment doesn’t want to hear that kind of dissent, however, so they try to drown out the debate with howls of racism.

They have a vested interest in pretending Britain is a deeply racist society, even though we’re far and away the most tolerant nation in Europe.

Their knee-jerk reaction to Farage’s remarks was only to be expected and could have been scripted to support the title of Trevor Phillips’s documentary.

It’s called: Things You Can’t Say About Race That Are True.

As the columnist who coined the expression ‘Guardianistas’ to describe the various Lefties who march under that newspaper’s banner, including the people who run the BBC, I’m beginning to think it’s time for a rebranding.

Given that they like to blame Britain for those they call Islamist ‘militants’ and have never met a terrorist they don’t like, perhaps they should in future be known as GuardianISIS.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Watch out Lefties, liberals, do-gooders, jobsworths and the PC Brigade. Littlejohn is here again!!!

Trevor Phillips is the bravest man in the universe for telling a number of inconvenient truths about race in documentary, writes RICHARD LITTLEJOHN

By Richard Littlejohn for the Daily Mail
17 March 2015
Daily Mail

Trevor Phillips, former head of the Commission for Racial Equality, who has spoken out about race relations in the UK. According to Littlejohn, he should have been London's first elected mayor

The funniest thing I read over the weekend was a letter in the Guardian about the Top Gear rumpus, written by a dopey bird from Leicester.

‘I feel jumping mad about the enormous sum of money that the BBC makes out of a programme that promotes the use of very fast cars, badly driven by macho men, when we should be cutting carbon emissions because of climate change and building a society that respects all races and sexes.’

Here we go Looby Loo!

I’m assuming the sub-editors at the Grauniad did her a favour by condensing her view of the world into a few lines. My guess is that it originally ran to what used to be several pages, scribbled in green ink — or, in new money, an email typed IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!

There were probably a few typos, too, where her cats crawled across the keyboard and knocked over her Fairtrade decaf almond milk latte while she was working herself up into a lather of self-righteous indignation.

Perhaps the letter was written by Polly Toynbee, under a pseudonym. No one gives better ‘pseudo’. It could be a condensed Toynbee column, as performed by Paul Merton on Just A Minute.

Your topic, Paul, is: Around The World Of The Guardianistas in 60 seconds, without hesitation, repetition or deviation.

‘Clarkson, climate change, racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, Islamophobia, Thatcher, UKIP, er, Tory tax cuts for millionaires like Clarkson . . .’

Graham, you buzzed.

‘Hesitation and repetition of Clarkson.’

If I’d sat down to invent a typical Guardian reader’s letter, I couldn’t have improved upon it. On the basis of that single paragraph, I can confidently divine what she thinks about absolutely everything. It’s a classic example of the kind of Left-wing group-think which has rotted the minds of our new ruling class.

‘Jumping mad’ just about sums it all up. Rip-roaring bonkers would be a better description.

Britain is now run by people who buy into all this poisonous nonsense. You can’t get a job in any of the public services — and, increasingly, the private sector, too — unless you proclaim your fealty to our new religion.

They like to describe themselves as ‘liberals’, but as I’ve been telling you for years, they’re not remotely ‘liberal’. They’re fascists. The worst bigots in the wurrrld are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’.

The fact is they won’t countenance any dissent from their proscriptive manifesto and ‘values’ system. And because they have seized control of the civil service, local government, the police, the law and the BBC, they now impose a Stalinesque stranglehold on the public discourse.

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson who has been suspended by the BBC amid claims he punched a producer after a day's filming

Anyone who has the audacity to challenge them must be demonised, sacked, prosecuted, ruined and denied a ‘platform’. Fortunately, for the time being at least, we still have a free Press. But if Labour wins in May, newspapers will be brought under political control — with the full support of a Mickey Mouse party which has the brass neck to include the word ‘Liberal’ in its title.

What they hate most of all is when ‘one of their own’ kicks over the traces and exposes the criminal stupidity and catastrophic consequences of their rigidly enforced orthodoxy.

Trevor Phillips, a prominent Labour supporter and former head of the Commission for Racial Equality, is currently reaping the whirlwind of Left-wing reaction.

On Thursday night, he is presenting a Channel 4 documentary called Things We Won’t Say About Race That Are True, which rips apart the shibboleths of the ‘diversity’ industry. The gist of it appeared in yesterday’s Daily Mail.

Here, just as with the Clarkson defence last week, I must declare an interest. Trevor has been a friend of mine for more than 20 years. We were North London neighbours and he was my boss at London Weekend Television in the mid-Nineties.

The first series of Littlejohn Live And Uncut, which Trevor produced, featured one of my musical heroes — the late Bobby Womack, soul man extraordinaire.

Womack’s last album was called The Bravest Man In The Universe, which should have been the title of Trevor’s latest documentary.

Designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, who have been criticised for describing IVF children as 'synthetic

No one has done more to advance the cause of race relations in Britain. When I first walked round LWT’s headquarters, Trevor’s was pretty much the only black face which wasn’t pushing a broom or serving chips in the canteen.

He should have been London’s first elected mayor, but the Labour hierarchy blocked his candidacy on the grounds that ‘their’ white supporters wouldn’t vote for a black man. They also assumed arrogantly they didn’t need to put up a black candidate since they ‘owned’ the ethnic minority vote.

But rather than tell Trevor the real reason, they pretended it was because he sent his daughters to private school.

When I asked him why he’d accepted the job as head of the equalities commission, he told me his mission would be complete when he could close it down. He wanted to build a relaxed, integrated colour-blind society, where everyone rubbed along together, respecting each other’s differences.

That’s not how it’s worked out, as he now acknowledges. The ‘diversity’ gestapo have concentrated on emphasising what divides us, not what unites us, and criminalising those who refuse to play ball.

We have created ghettoes and closed societies, cut off from the mainstream, where bigotry, ignorance and hatred not only flourish but are encouraged. And lest you think this is all Labour’s doing, it’s not. The Tories are equally guilty, if not more so.

When Trevor warned ten years ago, after the London Transport bombings, that we were sleepwalking to segregation, he was monstered by, among others, Theresa May, now our allegedly ‘Conservative’ Home Secretary, who subscribes as much to the Guardianista song-book as that dopey bird from Leicester.

These days the Tories have to be seen to be embracing ‘diversity’. Otherwise, as May once said, they will be forever perceived as ‘nasty’.

It was a Conservative-led government which bulldozed gay marriage through the Commons, in the teeth of opposition from its own natural supporters — and indifference from most homosexuals, for that matter, who couldn’t see what all the fuss was about.

Frankly, I’m not bothered if gays want to get married. But why would they want to ape heterosexual marriage? Far from ‘celebrating diversity’ — including homosexuality — the Government is now attempting by law to enforce homogeneity.

Ukip leader Nigel Farage, who has found himself under fire recently for speaking out about race

Take gay adoption, for instance. I’d rather children were fostered by a stable gay couple than warehoused in some hideous state orphanage, where they are most likely to be abused.

But I find the notion of homosexuals buying children to order from professional surrogate mothers stomach-churning. I don’t want to ban it — I really am a genuine liberal. I just don’t approve.

Neither do the blokes who run the frock shop Dolce & Gabbana, who to no one’s great surprise also turn out to be gay. It’s a point of view and they’re entitled to their opinion.

But they must be trashed, too. Elton John, who ought to know better, and David Beckham’s ludicrous designer wife want to organise a worldwide boycott of Dolce & Gabbana to punish them for their ‘incorrect’ opinions.

It’s even being interpreted as an attack on artificial insemination, which it isn’t — any more than Nigel Farage is in favour of bringing back ‘No Dogs, No Blacks, No Irish’ and Clarkson . . . well, make up any abuse you like about Clarkson because he’s a Right-wing multi-millionaire, macho man, etc.

Oh, for heaven’s sake. Grow up. Can’t we just agree to disagree for once?

Last week, it was Clarkson and Farage’s turn in the ducking stool. This week’s witch-hunt will feature Trevor Phillips, simply for telling a number of inconvenient truths. Tune in on Thursday and make up your own mind.

Others have already decided to slaughter him without bothering to watch the programme.

Still, the Guardian letters page should be a giggle.

Speculation is mounting as to who might take over Top Gear if Clarkson is taken out and shot or decides to fall on his sword. The usual self-publicists (Piers Morgan) have put themselves forward, but an unlikely contender has emerged.

Cherie Blair is joining the board of the French car manufacturer Renault, with a brief to improve ‘diversity’.

Since ‘diversity’ is what critics say Top Gear lacks, who better than the Wicked Witch to take over from Jezza.

Va-va-voom!

Left-wing, female, no discernible sense of humour. She’s just what Desperate Danny Cohen is looking for in a presenter. Pity she’s not from an ethnic minority, but you can’t have everything.

Plus, the WW is keen on a freebie. Alastair Campbell once tried to wangle a free car for the Blairs when Tony was in No 10.

Somehow you can’t imagine her enthusing about how a car stirs her ‘lady garden’ in the same way Clarkson talks about the effect a Bugatti has on his ‘gentleman’s sausage’, but you never know.

She was once quite explicit about her ‘contraceptive equipment’.

And on that bombshell . . .

On Friday, I speculated that Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon looked like Rab C. Nesbitt’s son Wee Burney.

A number of readers have since emailed to say she looks more like Wee Jimmy Krankie.

Last edited:

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
now if we could just get izzle singing on u2be ♪♫ we're only making plans for nigel ♪♫

may as well make it fun

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Polish Prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel in Hyde Park!

A Polish aristocrat – Prince Jan Żyliński – has challenged Nigel Farage to a duel because he has “had enough of discrimination against Polish people” in the UK:

The challenge was issued 3 days ago and to date there has been absolute silence from the Farage camp.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBtcQ4vkRg0&feature=player_embedded

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Polish Prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel in Hyde Park!

Bring it on. Mr Farage has not been defeated in a duel yet. We all rememeber when he wiped the floor with little Cleggy last year.

I'm voting Ukip on May 7th. There are FAR too many Poles living in this country. It's despicable.