Veteran reports Britain First for defamation over fake photo

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

EXCLUSIVE: Far-right group Britain First have stirred controversy after posting up an image of a Navy veteran holding up a photoshopped sign.

On 5 March, the group posted up a photo of a Muslim man holding up a sign that read: “Boycott bigotry and kill all non Muslims”.
However, online groups were quick to find out that the image was taken from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).
It depicted executive director Dawud Walid, who has served in the United States Navy and earned two United States Navy & Marine Corp Achievement medals.
In the original image found online, he is holding up a sign that reads “Boycott bigotry”.

The Britain First post was shared over 2,000 times when it was posted, but many were quick to point out that the image was fake, such as online group Exposing Britain First.
A spokesperson for the group said: “Britain First have lied to and cheated their gullible supporters since the beginning. They slander individuals and groups with no respect for the truth.
“But to use the image of Dawud Walid in this way is low, even for them. This is a genuine hero, humanitarian and human rights advocate whose reputation they have sullied for cheap financial gain.”
“I reported this defamation to authorities in the UK”
Yorkshire residents alerted the Yorkshire Standard about the image, which in turn got in contact with Dawud Walid of CAIR.
He had already seen the image.
He said: “Britain First used a photoshopped picture of me at a rally, which was ironically against racism. I reported this defamation to authorities in the UK.
“Xenophobic and racist political entities and pundits are growing at an alarming rate in the West. I am thankful, however, that there are many persons of goodwill who are not Muslims or immigrants that are taking on such hatred.”
UPDATE: Britain First have removed the image. However, screenshots and web cache pages have been saved.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Britain First are heroes. But I'm going to do what they often tell voters to do: vote Ukip.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Do they photo shop pictures in a vain effort to support their own bigotry too?

They've told a lot of nasty lies over the years.

And Britain First aren't bigoted.

This is just another attempt by the press at smearing. They've been trying for months to smear Ukip without success. Seems like they're getting bored and now moving onto Britain First. But the Great British public just ignores it.

It's time the Lefty Liberal Establishment just gave up and admit that their period of running British society is coming to an end. Parties which love Britain, rather than hate it, are now coming to the fore and they won't go away,d espite this latest pathetic attempt.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So in other words, no they haven't. Britain First has, and it's a very sneaky and underhanded tactic.

Are you trying to tell me that no British political party, other than Britain First, has ever tried "sneaky and underhanded tactics" in order to win votes?

That's a matter of opinion. And we've already learned what yours are like.
No, it's not a matter of opinion. It's a fact. Britain First is not a racist party, unless fighting back against the Islamisation of Great Britain is any way racist.

You lost just have to give it up now. Patriotic parties like Britain First aren't going to go away. The British people are now saying "Enough is enough." Such smear tactics just don't work. The British press has been laying all sorts of charges on Ukip, but to little effect.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Creating a false visual message by photo shopping a picture is a smear tactic.

Oh, and looks who's doing that!

Oh my god. A British political party indulging in a smear campaign to win votes. Whatever next?

Put it this way: had it been the Greens or the Liberal Democrats who supposedly photoshopped that picture we would never have heard about it.

It's like Page 3: The Left Wing Establishment only wants it banned because it's in The Sun. Had it been in The Guardian there wouldn't be such faux outrage against it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh my god. A British political party indulging itself in a smear campaign to win votes. Whatever next?
They usually target other politicians from opposing party's. Not civilians.

But I can understand why you think Britain First's actions are heroic.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oh my god. A British political party indulging in a smear campaign to win votes. Whatever next?

Yes, by falsely labeling a photo indicating the man in the photo is endorsing something he's not. Actually faking that he's endorsing murder to be exact.

Put it this way: had it been the Greens or the Liberal Democrats who supposedly photoshopped that picture we would never have heard about it.

But they didn't. No, that was your heroes that did that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They usually target other politicians from opposing party's. Not civilians.

But I can understand why you think Britain First's actions are heroic.

Politicians are civilians, unlike that guy in the picture, who (supposedly) hasn't always been.

And Britain First are heroes. You're not going to change my mind. This is nothing but a smear campaign which will NOT work. There would be no outrage whatsoever had this supposed "crime" been conducted by one of the establishment parties.

Yes, by falsely labeling a photo indicating the man in the photo is endorsing something he's not. Actually faking that he's endorsing murder to be exact.

To be honest with you, who cares? Nobody gives a damn. At the end of the day, this little story will barely register on the newsworthy scale in Britain and the effect it will have on Britain First's popularity will be negligible. 99% of people don't give a damn. This will have NO effect on Britain First whatsoever. Like the smear campaign against Ukip, it will fail miserably.

But they didn't.
And there would never have been any mention whatsoever of it in the press has it been the LibDems or Greens.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Politicians are civilians, unlike that guy in the picture, who (supposedly) hasn't always been.
It's a simple concept, that obviously flew well over your head.

I blame the poor state of the UK education system.

And Britain First are heroes. You're not going to change my mind.
No doubt, bigots like you and Cannuck, have your racism and bigotry set in stone.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's a simple concept, that obviously flew well over your head.

I blame the poor state of the UK education system.

No doubt, bigots like you and Cannuck, have your racism and bigotry set in stone.

Britain First are not a racist party.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You don't think you're racist either.

I'm not racist. And neither are Britain First.

It's a sign of how much hold the Liberal Left has over Western society today that we have now come to the situation in which the Liberal Left-wing Establishment parties - Labour, LibDems and Tories - sit on their arses and DELIBERATELY do nothing about about the Islamification of Britain, therefore allowing 7/7 and Woolwich to occur, yet when any parties DO decide that they will stand up to this evil and fight back against it - parties like Britain First - the Liberal Left Wing Establishment, including its media wing in the national press and their gormless stooges like you and SLM, come out and label them as "racist".

The Liberal Left Establishment which runs the West - but not for long because parties like Ukip and Britain First and their equivalents in other European nations are coming to the fore - doesn't like anyone who fights back against the Islamisation of Britain project.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Do they photo shop pictures in a vain effort to support their own bigotry too?

In many regards, you can't blame Britain First too much, after all, they are simply following the lead of the Royal Navy in that they don't really have any boats (except garbage scows I'm told) but they photoshop pics to pretend they do have warships.

.. That and pics of computer generated ships, but they are so unrealistic that no one has any belief in them either

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've been to their site, albeit filled with bigotry

Go on then. Give us all an example of this "bigotry" from those nasty Britain First racists. I'll wait right here for you.

I have to bear in mind that, to the Left, a "bigot" is anyone who disagrees with the Left-wing worldview, however detrimental to society that worldview is.