Falklands defence review after military deal between Russia and Argentina

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Falkland Islands introduces support testimonial after army deal in between Russia as well as Argentina

The aircraft, which Moscow will swap for beef and wheat, would be able to place air patrols over Port Stanley.

Ministry of Protection authorities are afraid Buenos Aires would take delivery of the aircrafts well prior to the implementation in 2020 of the Navy’s 65,000-tonne plane provider HMS Queen Elizabeth and also its F-35B competitors, leaving a “actual window of susceptability”.

Defence cuts have actually left the Falklands with simply 4 RAF Tropical cyclone boxers, Rapier surface-to-air rockets and also less compared to 1,200 soldiers, assisted by a naval battleship that sees throughout the year.

President Putin’s browse through to Argentina in July prepared for exchanging Russian army hardware for wheat, beef as well as other items Moscow requires as a result of EU meals embargoes.

The offer involves a lease/lend of 12 Sukhoi Su-24 supersonic, all-weather strike plane.

They are aging however Nato still concerns what it codenames “Fencers” as “super-fighters”, with their 2,000-mile variety and laser-guided missiles.

Russia has been raising its relate to Argentina since 2010, when it supplied 2 Mi17 assault helicopters which are in solution with the 7th Air Force Brigade.

Buenos Aires has to change its decrepit fighter fleet however its efforts over the previous two years have failed until now.

In October, defence minister Agustin Rossi announced the investment of 24 Saab Gripen competitors, which were to be given by Brazil, which has actually simply purchased 36, yet Whitehall squashed the offer as some of the jet’s components are made in the UK Tensions over the islands resurfaced after exploratory seabed drilling revealed the assurance of an oil gold mine.

EXCLUSIVE: Falklands defence review after military deal between Russia and Argentina | The News Gazette

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Considering how much damage Argentina did to the Royal Navy back in the day, Blackleaf and his buddies must be ****ting bricks. No doubt, he will be by soon and try to pretend he and the rest of the Brittish are confident.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Considering how much damage Argentina did to the Royal Navy back in the day, Blackleaf and his buddies must be ****ting bricks. No doubt, he will be by soon and try to pretend he and the rest of the Brittish are confident.

What the heck are you talking about?

The Argies sank some ships. Big deal. They lost, big time.

Casualties and losses

Great Britain

Argentina

Considering the UK is across the Atlantic diagonally, not a bad showing.

And this time they will be expecting them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Does england have a new paper airfarce to match their paper navy?

The "paper" airforce and the "paper" navy are just there to support the soldiers on the ground.

The Royal Marine Commandoes, the Royal Marines, the SAS, the SBS, the Gurkas, and the regular British Army are anything but paper.

The damage Argentina's third rate military was able to inflict of Blackleafs boys. Try to keep up.

You really don't have a clue, do you?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The "paper" airforce and the "paper" navy are just there to support the soldiers on the ground.

The Royal Marine Commandoes, the Royal Marines, the SAS, the SBS, the Gurkas, and the regular British Army are anything but paper.

You really don't have a clue, do you?

It is all fine and good to have a strong army but they still have to be moved to where the action is. If the subs we bought from england and prince of darkness wiring in their cars are examples of english engineering I would rather take my speedboat across the Atlantic.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It is all fine and good to have a strong army but they still have to be moved to where the action is. If the subs we bought from england and prince of darkness wiring in their cars are examples of english engineering I would rather take my speedboat across the Atlantic.

They have no problem with that.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Argentina sent 7 of Blackies RN ships to the bottom. Pretty pathetic.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Argentina sent 7 of Blackies RN ships to the bottom. Pretty pathetic.

Yeah, if you include this:

Meanwhile, the Brits sank this:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Do not judge Britain on the statements of Blackleaf alone. And never make the
mistake of counting the Brits out it has a nasty habit of repeating itself on the world
stage. Britain may fall behind early but the other guy always ends up getting their
*** kicked