Belgian PM shrugs off fries-and-mayo attack

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Belgian PM shrugs off fries-and-mayo attack
Reuters
First posted: Monday, December 22, 2014 11:57 AM EST | Updated: Monday, December 22, 2014 12:05 PM EST
BRUSSELS – Anti-austerity protesters got close enough to Belgium's prime minister on Monday to splatter him with a helping of the national dish - fries and mayo.
Pictures from the business event in Namur showed Charles Michel, 39, smiling as a woman squirted sauce over his suit. His spokesman said he would not press charges, and declined comment on the breach of security around the premier of a country that has been a major recruiting hub for jihadists fighting in Syria.
Belgian PM shrugs off fries-and-mayo attack | World | News | Toronto Sun

who the hell eats fries with mayo? ugh.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I love mayo with my fries...got introduced to the habit about 8 years ago...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Mayo is better than ketchup....

I don't particularly like french fries. Most places have pretty gross soggy fries. Every once in awhile you find a place that has some really good chrispy ones. Homemade fries are too much work.

I am partial to fried smashed potatoes though.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
give it a go, seriously...it was a nice surprise
i'll give it a try. :)

I don't particularly like french fries. Most places have pretty gross soggy fries. Every once in awhile you find a place that has some really good chrispy ones. Homemade fries are too much work.

I prefer crispy fries too. :) :cool: i'll try fried smashed potatoes as well. :)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When the world is facing problems in the interconnected world we're in
austerity is sometimes required. Remember in the west we voted for all
the trimmings when we endorsed the free trade concept and we didn't
understand what we were voting for. Don't blame the governments altogether
people have to listen to what they are voting for is is a catchy slogan or
a measure of real substance again most people are wondering what the
Kardashians are doing and not what is happening

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

easy home made fries

if I am just making them for me I cut up a tater throw into a bowl, throw some canola oil in and coat them then put onto my Hamilton Beach grill...flip them a few times and do until they are perfect for you, it will hold two taters

If I am making for more I threw them onto a cookie sheet in the oven at 425

easy peasy and almost no oil needed if you coat carefully

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
On 16th May 2001, the then British Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott was campaigning in Rhyl in the run up to the General Election when farmer Craig Evans threw an egg at him, which struck him in the neck. Prescott, a former amateur boxer, responded immediately with a straight left to the jaw. The incident, overshadowing the launch of the Labour Party manifesto on that day, was captured by numerous television crews. Tony Blair responded succinctly, stating, "John is John". A National Opinion Polls (NOP) survey found that the incident appeared to do no public harm to Prescott, and may even have benefited his standing amongst male voters. The incident is often referred to as the "Rumble in Rhyl".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5XTiI1e-wVc

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I love mayo with my fries...got introduced to the habit about 8 years ago...

Me too. Picked it up in Germany as a young man (damned good-looking, too! What the hell happened?).

They also serve hot, curried ketchup in Germany. Since I had that, I just can't abide the cold, thick, bland stuff they serve in America. I'll take mayo or vinegar on my pom fritz any day.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Me too. Picked it up in Germany as a young man (damned good-looking, too! What the hell happened?).

They also serve hot, curried ketchup in Germany. Since I had that, I just can't abide the cold, thick, bland stuff they serve in America. I'll take mayo or vinegar on my pom fritz any day.
they make a mean horseradish mayo now for when you want to kick it up a notch