Happy world toilet Day

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
According to some we are already in the toilet.
Just wondering why we should have to do this for them. The concept is not difficult, nor is the actual building of an outhouse.
The best one I saw on your link was the woman linking the lack of toilets to gender inequality. For some strange reason I always thought we all $hit the same. Did I miss something in biology?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
According to some we are already in the toilet.
Just wondering why we should have to do this for them. The concept is not difficult, nor is the actual building of an outhouse.
The best one I saw on your link was the woman linking the lack of toilets to gender inequality. For some strange reason I always thought we all $hit the same. Did I miss something in biology?

Sanitation also involves dealing with women's menstrual cycle. In many areas, the lack of facilities to deal with this means that many girls quit going to school once they start. It's no secret that educating women and wealth go hand in hand

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Why you should give a crap about World Toilet Day
Canoe.ca
First posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 02:02 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 02:17 PM EST
Exactly why should we praise the porcelain god today? Because, Wednesday is World Toilet Day and according to the United Nations, 2.5 billion people – 35% of the world’s population – don’t have access to basic sanitation.
Of those 2.5 billion people, a billion people defecate in the open and a billion people get their water from contaminated water sources.
The UN Water website says the goal of World Toilet Day is to raise awareness about sanitation issues, especially in countries like India where 600 million people lack toilets at home. In Africa, a third of the people defecate openly and illnesses are transmitted through the contaminated water.
According to WHO, inadequate water supply and sanitation results in annual economic losses of $260 billion.
Jack Sim, the founder of the World Toilet Organization, said in some societies open defecation is a cultural norm and even a social thing to do.
"People enjoy that social event," said Sim. "But they have to understand that the contaminated water ... eventually comes back as diseases to kill the children and to make people sick."
More than two billion people have gained access to clean water in the last two decades and almost two billion gained access to improved sanitation over the same period.
According to Newsy, more people around the world have access to mobile phones than toilets.
Cities across the world held events for the day and the official website offers many options and ways people can help.
- with files from Reuters

Why you should give a crap about World Toilet Day | World | News | Toronto Sun
Why You Should Give A Crap About World Toilet Day
Why You Should Give A Crap About World Toilet Day
November 19, 2014 10:38
From Newsy
Why You Should Give A Crap About World Toilet Day : Featured TOR : Videos
Poo2Loo - Why take poo to the loo
Take The Poo To The Loo - YouTube

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Snickers (with a capital S) would be a chocolate bar while snickers (with a small s) would not be.

You're just splitting hairs now, my laddie.

Snickers is a chocolate bar, and that's all it is.

I've told you before that I don't take grammar lessons from somebody who can't even spell their own username.

Looks like Leicester.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Snickers is a chocolate bar, and that's all it is.

Given your limited vocabulary I'm not surprised you would think so.

I've told you before that I don't take grammar lessons from somebody who can't even spell their own username.

Then don't. You will still take them for me, however.

By the way, there is a difference between spelling, grammar and vocabulary. You would probably understand that if you went to a Canadian school.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Given your limited vocabulary I'm not surprised you would think so.

Then don't. You will still take them for me, however.

By the way, there is a difference between spelling, grammar and vocabulary. You would probably understand that if you went to a Canadian school.

If I went to a Canadian school I'd probably be spelling my username Blackkleaf.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If I went to a Canadian school I'd probably be spelling my username Blackkleaf.

If that was your name, that would probably be the way you would want to spell it. That's one thing we learned in Canadian schools... To spell things the way they're supposed to be spelled

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
If that was your name, that would probably be the way you would want to spell it. That's one thing we learned in Canadian schools... To spell things the way they're supposed to be spelled
When was the last time you were in a Canadian school? Spelling don't matter no more.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Walter is right much as I hate to admit it. If you selfidentified as Phil it would be perfectly acceptable. Things have changed since we went to school. Hell they have even changed a lot between when my son went to school and what my grandchildren are taught. Not convinced it has changed for the better either except maybe for teachers.