British National Party tweets Remembrance Day a day late

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
British National Party tweets Remembrance Day a day late
QMI Agency
First posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 10:53 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:01 AM EST
A fringe political party in the U.K. remembered to commemorate Remembrance Day, but forgot what day it was.
"Remember to observe the #TwoMinutesSilence at 11 a.m. today. Others may forget but we remember. Please RT," the account for the British National Party tweeted early Wednesday.
The BNP is a far-right party that advocates for the return of capital punishment and a crackdown on immigration.
The tweet was deleted a short time later, with an apology.
But not before several users captured screenshots and expressed their derision.
"The BNP have just tweeted this. I may die laughing. Please respect 2 minutes silence a day after everyone else," one user said.
"Just had the @bnp in, trying to sell me a load of poppies they picked up off the ground and telling me Armistice Day is tomorrow," wrote another.
Screenshot posted on Twitter by @thinking_manc and other users.

British National Party tweets Remembrance Day a day late | Weird | News | Toront

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
My mum's an admirer of the BNP, but she refused to vote for them when Nick Griffin was leader because she thought he was a liability. She thought he made the BNP look like a Far Right Party. But she may well vote for them in the 2015 General Election now they are under the leadership of Adam Walker, who used to be a battle tank crewman in the 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars and still likes to proudly wear his former uniform.

New BNP leader Adam Walker (right) with former leader Nick Griffin

The BNP is a far-right party that advocates for the return of capital punishment and a crackdown on immigration.

So do the vast majority of the people in Britain. The British people want a return of capital punishment and a crackdown on immigration. Does that make the vast majority of the British people "Far Right and racist", too?

The difference between Britain's Right-wing parties and Britain's Left-wing Establishment parties (which now include the Tories) is that the Right-wing parties actually listen to the views of the majority of the people rather than holding people's views with disdain, as the Left-wing Establishment does.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It's pretty worrisome to see a party leader in military attire. It reminds me of at least one other uniformed politician in history.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So. You'd think a soldier who is also the head of a political party would have the common sense not to wear his uniform in his political role. And with the BNP talking of ethnic British vs civic British and offering to pay people of colour to emigrate is unquestionably racist. The previous leader had even denied the holocaust.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So. You'd think a soldier who is also the head of a political party would have the common sense not to wear his uniform in his political role. And with the BNP talking of ethnic British vs civic British and offering to pay people of colour to emigrate is unquestionably racist. The previous leader had even denied the holocaust.
He would. But since Griffin was never a soldier, he's just another pathetic attention wh*re, like that simpleton in Ottawa.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Griffin never wore a uniform. It's the new leader who is, though at least he earned it.
Oh, right, thanks. Hard to tell 'em apart. Walker, having served, should know how to wear a uniform. As it is, he looks like a gay male stripper getting ready to start his routine.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So. You'd think a soldier who is also the head of a political party would have the common sense not to wear his uniform in his political role.

Why? I can't see many people complaining here. He's a former soldier and the British people value their former soldiers. Lots of MPs are former soldiers. I can't see any problem with it.

And with the BNP talking of ethnic British vs civic British and offering to pay people of colour to emigrate is unquestionably racist.

And where did you read that rubbish? The Graun or Al-Bibisiyah, most likely.

The previous leader had even denied the holocaust.

So are many MPs in the Labour Party (it's the left who are the main anti-Semites) yet we never hear about that.

There wasn't much hullabaloo when Labour's Diane Abbott made racist comments in which she complained about nurses at her local hospital who were "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls." She got away with it because she's a member of the Liberal Establishment and is a black woman, so she's allowed to be racist. The full weight of the Establishment only comes crashing down on the none Liberal Establishment parties like Ukip and BNP when any of their memebr are perceived to be "racists."