South Africa Again Refuses Visa for Dalai Lama

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Dalai Lama has again been refused entry into South Africa where he was going to attend a world summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Cape Town, his South African representative said.

It is the third time the country has refused him entry. In the past, South Africa has cited concerns about angering China for refusing to grant a visa to the Dalai Lama.

The refusal could provoke a boycott of the 14th annual peace summit, according to a spokesman for South African laureate and former archbishop Desmond Tutu.

The Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of the disputed Tibet region, lives in exile in India and is at loggerheads with Beijing over Tibet.

more

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga.

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
The Dalai Lama has again been refused entry into South Africa where he was going to attend a world summit of Nobel Peace Laureates in Cape Town, his South African representative said.

It is the third time the country has refused him entry. In the past, South Africa has cited concerns about angering China for refusing to grant a visa to the Dalai Lama.

The refusal could provoke a boycott of the 14th annual peace summit, according to a spokesman for South African laureate and former archbishop Desmond Tutu.

The Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of the disputed Tibet region, lives in exile in India and is at loggerheads with Beijing over Tibet.

more

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga.
14th Dalai Lama, an enigma. In the late 1970s early 1980s this funny thing happened: this man who has always been a recluse, suddenly began to travel. First to Russia, then to Europe. At about the same time one of his brother's was said to have disappeared in China. Following the brother's disappearance, the Dalai Lama's face and height changed. Hes seemed to have shrunk to the height of his brother who vanished in China. Figure that!
I compared family photographs from published works (Dalai Lama: My Land and My People, 1956 and later publications)
The darnest thing!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
14th Dalai Lama, an enigma. In the late 1970s early 1980s this funny thing happened: this man who has always been a recluse, suddenly began to travel. First to Russia, then to Europe. At about the same time one of his brother's was said to have disappeared in China. Following the brother's disappearance, the Dalai Lama's face and height changed. Hes seemed to have shrunk to the height of his brother who vanished in China. Figure that!
I compared family photographs from published works (Dalai Lama: My Land and My People, 1956 and later publications)
The darnest thing!
Wow, that's amazing. The same thing happened with the Catholics. A little while back, Pope Benedict changed his demeanour, his appearance, and started calling himself Pope Francis.

Sounds fishy to me.

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Wow, that's amazing. The same thing happened with the Catholics. A little while back, Pope Benedict changed his demeanour, his appearance, and started calling himself Pope Francis.

Sounds fishy to me.
Not the same. The pope's head did not shrink to a smaller size, his body did not shrink to a smaller size and his brother has not been reported to have vanished in some foreign country