Paris suspends delivery of warship to Russia over Ukraine

Monsieurjean

Nominee Member
Sep 2, 2014
Franch Republic
Paris (AFP) - France said Wednesday "conditions" were not in place to deliver the first of two Mistral-class warships to Russia, a move planned later this year that has sparked controversy given the crisis in Ukraine.

Related Stories

[video] Obama: Russia Is Behind Violence in Eastern Ukraine MarketWatch
Obama: 'Russia is responsible for the violence in eastern Ukraine' The Week (RSS)
Obama says Russia must stop meddling in Ukraine for ceasefire to work Reuters
Putin's peace plan: Ukraine withdraws from east Associated Press
Obama puts Ukraine violence squarely on Russia Associated Press
Paris agreed in 2011 to build and sell the two advanced helicopter assault ships to Russia for a total of 1.2 billion euros ($1.6 billion) with the first scheduled for delivery in October or November and the second in 2015.

Until recently, French leaders had refused to back down on a sale crucial to a country suffering from stagnant growth and record-high unemployment, despite widespread condemnation due to Russia's involvement in the Ukraine crisis.

"The President of the Republic declared that, despite the prospect of a ceasefire which still remains to be confirmed and implemented, the conditions for France to deliver the first warship are not to date in place," Francois Hollande's office announced Wednesday in a statement, on the eve of a major NATO summit.

Now my comment.I laught about sell them to NATO . NATO is a country now? Or NATO is a Alliance of 28 countries?
If i agree to no lets this ships of Russian . I prefers the Mistral rest in the hand of our French Navy