Boko Haram declares 'Islamic state' in northern Nigeria

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Militant group Boko Haram has said it has set up an Islamic state in the towns and villages it has seized in north-eastern Nigeria.

Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau was speaking in a video released to congratulate his fighters for seizing the town of Gwoza earlier this month.

It is not clear if Mr Shekau has pledged allegiance to Islamic State, which controls parts of Iraq and Syria.

Nigeria's army has rejected the claim as "empty".

Thousands of people have been killed, mostly in north-eastern Nigeria, since 2009 when Boko Haram began its insurgency.

Gwoza, which had 265,000 residents in the last census, is the biggest town under Boko Haram control.

It has raised its flags over the palace of the Emir of Gwoza, the town's traditional ruler, residents say.

"Thanks be to Allah who gave victory to our brethren in Gwoza and made it part of the Islamic state," Mr Shekau said in the 52-minute video.

It controls several areas, mostly in Borno state where the group was launched, but also in neighbouring Yobe state.

The video also shows about 20 men in civilian clothes apparently being shot dead.

Nigeria's military spokesman Chris Olukolade responded with a statement dismissing the declaration.

"The sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Nigerian state is still intact," he said.

In his previous video, released in July, Mr Shekau congratulated the Islamic State (IS) for its advances in Iraq and Syria but did not say whether they were allies - there is no evidence that the two groups have been working together.

Gwoza is not far from Chibok, where Boko Haram kidnapped more than 200 schoolgirls in April.

Nigeria's police say it is still looking for 35 police officers who went missing after Boko Haram attacked a police academy in Liman Kara, near Gwoza last week.

Residents say the militants seized the college but it is unclear who now controls it.

Nigeria declared a state of emergency in three north-eastern states in 2013 but the insurgency has continued and even intensified.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28925484

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Boko Haram declares "mission accomplished" just like ISIS and Bush did. But unlike Bush, it appears these others were welcomed by the majority of people in those places.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Back to business.
Where is 'those places' because most of the time it seems to be vapor after the press release has served it's purpose. Haiti if you need an example.

That horseshoe that us being carved out would be the green belt tor 100,000's of 1,000's of years if the earth went a tad into a global ice-age, purchased at desert prices. Perhaps the scarring on NY bedrock is due to water floods that would dwarf what carved out the North-West Scablands.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Do you really want to make you day go downhill starting on the first square. The 'day off' was spent reading up on events in Syria and the Ukraine and why events seemed to get reversed. Try this out, the 'loss of the air base was a parts depot that will be hauled back to Iraq where the craft are of a older origin so Iranian air-space is secure. The Syrian base would become the POW Camp for the Rebels that make it to that sanctuary under their own power and surrender is a full confession of events as witnessed by them that is signed and archived at the UN where little minions like us get to 'compare notes' so that the legal team from Canada has a detailed thingy of who did what and the only Hotel bill at the Hauge is, . . . good question, broadband it and the investigation team would be even larger and the bribes would be to get a person on that jury.

That would fit your brand of justice I hope because the Native Americans should be the first group to take it to the UN and win for a change. Their case is substance abuse, 'we' feed them out fire water which is a medicine they are allergic to but deny you the right to use indulge in the tradition 'black market' goodies that were only available to those of a certain age and in a certain location, the Smoke House. One of the topics on the table is what to do with the poorest people who are also disliked because of skin or accent. That means they would do best forming their own company using what resources they now have. Perhaps our trying to introduce a remnant into our society was not all that well thought out so time to take a different approach. Wire it up so they are pushing the envelope as far as what kind of education to get. Spoiled rich kid in a well equipped rec room but put the elders in it so they can all be at the band meetings 24/7 Referendum ride into town. Plasma screnes are a tad too delicate but crts work and they are too heavy to grow legs and they have been known survive a fall or two down the stairs. Mom and Dad and grandparents could gps their kids and their pets as part of morning coffee as they flip the international headlines. Then 'work' is actually running an international drug cartel where 'pop' is water with 1 single coco leaf in it. 6 per day before you need a permit. 66 per day is the limit at the smoke house and you need a note.

There is nothing else that is going to be available to the poorest as the middle class isn't even at that level. At least this keeps our demented citizens within the borders and it takes a good chunk of change off them and the Rez has the commonality thing that marks progression rather than despondency? That's the path I was on yesterday, that is what you recall also is it not little blade of grass?

That way when radical Islamists are 'at the door' we can say, 'no thanks we already have one' and then, . . . nothing really, let alone nothing bad.

Back to reality. The EU and Russia and the Ukraine are going to make nice because their citizens are not going to get sucked into another fake famine or any other 'calamity' beyond their considerable power. They got their 40% rise in utility payments to the State.

That base is 'remote' and close to Turkey so the fighters that just lost no longer have a cause and they want to get out alive and that is via Syrian controlled exits and withe the bread and water there is somebody to chat with as batches of 6 are processed. Most become 'refugee welfare clients in NATO Nations as that is knows who to untrain them (insert Putin laughing)
The link to the David Icke vid would be the Muslim outlook in the UK at the moment rather than the radical version. It would be the same attitude that existed in Afghanistan when the old hardliner that used war as every answer were being pushed out using the new laws given the people, UN human rights laws. If it was the overlords back then and over there who would it be in the UK when Muslims are the greater number when it come to people at the voting booth. Is the Monarchy really going to says, 'it would be racist to make us disband and become tax paying citizens.'? When the minority brings in a law that says they can never be outvoted it means they are scared rather than they are 'all powerful', that goes for their bosses also. Say 'Release it' at just the right time and the reply is 'Oh, that rainy day fund of $900& USD in the drawer with the most dust on it. They would still have a job and watching things fly around in a random pattern is a better way of spending the day that watching dust accumulate.
Where is our first stop if not the Ukraine, making money for the First Nations would be fool-ptoof as they already own all the artwork, now they just need the 'mission pacs' and some hardware so the elders get to taxi down a runway in an F-18 and the tar marks are part of the experience. That is their experience in the Smoke House while the Timmies Crew in on triple peyote this weekend. Why not, make it happen for your people.
My shadow is always in front of me, that way it doesn't get lost.

Nice of 'em to group up like that. Gives us more bang for the buck.
Wow, tell me the Rothschild wouldn't hang 'them' out to dry one more time? (in that they are even being convinced to build their own wall in the quest for safety when just in Berlin the wall coming down was the sign that oxygen was getting to the brain. Definately not the sharpest knife in the fork-drawer.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wow, tell me the Rothschild wouldn't hang 'them' out to dry one more time? (in that they are even being convinced to build their own wall in the quest for safety when just in Berlin the wall coming down was the sign that oxygen was getting to the brain. Definately not the sharpest knife in the fork-drawer.
Bad day, Megs?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
But unlike Bush, it appears these others were welcomed by the majority of people in those places.

Yeah. The people in those areas were crying out for a group to appear who would brutally behead them if they didn't convert to Islam. It's what those people have been crying out for.

I just can't believe there are people here who are supporting brutal, barbaric, mediaeval Islamic thugs like ISIS and Boko Haram. There are people being brutally butchered by these thugs and yet there are people on here - and I've noticed they are all lefties - who thing they are great.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Boko Haram declares "mission accomplished" just like ISIS and Bush did. But unlike Bush, it appears these others were welcomed by the majority of people in those places.
The tragic thing is that you don't even see that you are not one whit different from the "blame Obama" people you hate. You'll jam your Bush hatred into anything, no matter how off-topic.

Oh, and here's a clue: Blaming "them" for your conduct because "they do it too" or "they did it first" is a punk-a$$ excuse no self-respecting seven-year-old would stoop to.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nope, bunching up for a persecuted group is never a good idea. In your former profession would you all take the same plane to some remote fishing village or would the 20 take 4 different planes just so the firm could survive?
End of the month is a scramble for all the nickles so 'creative ways' just pop up, not much left once I throw out the illegal ideas. New keyboard and the 'z' thing used to be an old hacker sign and I could see some trolling happening so I though I might as well be the troll for the day.
And you? It would be nice to see the 'predictions' unfold, open up the banks and rebuild all te things that have been knocked down. The Jews are putting a lot of faith in the Banksters. 350 year exile from England is historical fact so they will stab them in the back. With zero being the number of old partners they haven't done that to the odds aren't in their favor.
That being said ISIS would make a 'proxy warrior' in the area and the 'Arab world' could relax as Jews 'have no expansion plans' and the behind the scenes reality is they now own it.

Why control of some dist is a big question for me at the moment. Weather changes could be a coming change over there and parts of the American soutwest

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Nope, bunching up for a persecuted group is never a good idea. In your former profession would you all take the same plane to some remote fishing village or would the 20 take 4 different planes just so the firm could survive?

No, in my former profession I'd vector a Spectre to the situation.

Hey, that rhymed! I'm a poet and don't know it.

Hey!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yeah. The people in those areas were crying out for a group to appear who would brutally behead them if they didn't convert to Islam. It's what those people have been crying out for.

I just can't believe there are people here who are supporting brutal, barbaric, mediaeval Islamic thugs like ISIS and Boko Haram. There are people being brutally butchered by these thugs and yet there are people on here - and I've noticed they are all lefties - who thing they are great.
I though you guys were smarter than that, rebels who just behaeded their former friends should be greated as liberators in Occupation 101, survival tip # 1, #2 and #3 as that is how important that point is.

That's a nice peom, looking forward to reading more of them in the near future. (backs out of room slowly)

In my realm if it isn't in Autocad it isn't real.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The majority of people welcomed them? Mostly men and Islamic. Democracy is not
about the majority anyway. In a democracy the will of the majority rules except for the
fact that the will of the minority is to be respected. When you dominate, murder or
enslave the minority there is no democracy. The people have the ability to link forces
with other radical groups and therefore we should go after them now before they start
their crap here.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Got rid of you, so it did its job.
You realize posting something kind of puts a big hole in your own argument. Reminds me a day of coming in after morning recess in grade 4 and the teach asked me what I did to make the whole class chase me. I said it was the fastest way to trample down the fluffy snow, not much as changed, bored or just gullible, I have a hard time telling the difference until the 3rd post. I'm all for opening a Smoke
House called 'Kicks' in the best British tradition that is.

Paul Revere and The Raiders - Kicks - YouTube