Meanwhile, in Europe...

Locutus
the number of people aged 18-29 living with their parents rose to 48%

By the time the parents of Serena Violano were in their early 30s, they had solid jobs, their own home and two small daughters.

Today, Serena, a 31-year-old law graduate, is still sharing her teenage bedroom with her older sister in their family home in the small town of Mercogliano, near Naples.

Ms. Violano spends her days studying for the exam to qualify as a notary in the hopes of scoring a stable job. The tension over her...

In Europe, Job Protections for Older Generation Are Barriers for Younger Workers - WSJ (external - login to view)

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
You might recall the thread which reported the fact that some young people are moving back to their parents homes here in the USA. The forum right wingers immediately seized upon that news as "proof" that Obama's economic policies are a failure. Then I proved that the percentage of young people moving back home in Canada is even higher and suggested that Harper's policies are a bigger failure. Naturally, that was the end of the discussion.

On reflection, I wonder if anyone here is now going to play the BLAME OBAMA Broken Record card. We'll see ....

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
+1
The economy is different today than it was 50 years ago when people got out of high school and got a good paying labor or trades job.

Those jobs are gone or going and now to have any meaningful employment you have to go to school and change jobs the rest of your life.

Hence one of the reasons generation X struggles.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousView Post

The economy is different today than it was 50 years ago when people got out of high school and got a good paying labor or trades job.

Yeah they all moved to China.. welcome to the New "Corporate" Government..

WPP A One World Corporate Government - YouTube

Locutus
lottsa trades will always continue to need lottsa trained people...nothing stopping lazy-assed mouthbreathers from learning HVAC, bricklaying, welding, electrical, plumbing and such.

probably too busy watching game of thrones or playing minecraft to care.

poor moms and dads these days. not all, but a lot.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote:

The economy is different today than it was 50 years ago when people got out of high school and got a good paying labor or trades job

That certainly is a contributing factor. Another is the fact that so many young people have huge student debts which make it impossible for them to buy their own homes as did others in the past. College tuition both at home and abroad are prohibitive and the interest on those debts usurious. Society needs to change by reducing the sales pitch colleges get and the phony statistic which pretend that a college education is an automatic key to riches - more often than not it is a dead end that leads to indebtedness. That's why so many young people return home.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

probably too busy watching game of thrones or playing minecraft to care.

...or surfing CC.

GO GET A JOB YOU LAZY MOFO'S!!!

Locutus
+1
banks, student loans, colleges and marketing...a very insidious cartel.

B00Mer
Republican

Rothschilds and the World Corporate Government - YouTube

For Pebbles (Petros) - INFOWARS

Rothschilds, isn't that a caramel sucker.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

the number of people aged 18-29 living with their parents rose to 48%

By the time the parents of Serena Violano were in their early 30s, they had solid jobs, their own home and two small daughters.

Today, Serena, a 31-year-old law graduate, is still sharing her teenage bedroom with her older sister in their family home in the small town of Mercogliano, near Naples.

Ms. Violano spends her days studying for the exam to qualify as a notary in the hopes of scoring a stable job. The tension over her...

In Europe, Job Protections for Older Generation Are Barriers for Younger Workers - WSJ (external - login to view)

Is pot legal in Europe? Oh wait wrong thread. Sorry..

Praxius
Free Thinker
A lot of kids here in Australia live with their parents well after high school.... many still in their 30's.

When I told my wife and my mother in law that when my son graduates high school, he's out of the house (like my parents did to me and my brother/sister) they didn't seem to like that idea..... then I told them that if he refuses to leave, go to college and get a job, then late one night, I'll go into his room, roll him up in a carpet, toss him into the back of the car and drive him out into the middle of nowhere. If he can make his way back home in one piece, then he gets another year to stay at home.

.... they were mortified.

I was only being half-serious.