Russian bombers penetrated U.S. airspace at least 16 times in past 10 days

Locutus
Russian strategic nuclear bombers conducted at least 16 incursions into northwestern U.S. air defense identification zones over the past 10 days, an unusually sharp increase in aerial penetrations, according to U.S. defense officials.

The numerous flight encounters by Tu-95 Russian Bear H bombers prompted the scrambling of U.S. jet fighters on several occasions, and come amid heightened U.S.-Russia tensions over Ukraine. Also, during one bomber incursion near Alaska, a Russian intelligence-gathering jet was detected along with the bombers.

more

Russian Strategic Bombers Conduct More Than 16 Incursions of U.S. Air Defense Zones | Washington Free Beacon (external - login to view)

B00Mer
Republican
Russian nuclear-capable bombers 'tested' US air defences 16 times in last 10 days..

That sucks.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
If they're going to hit, a bomber would only be a diversion anyhow. Missiles would already be raining on you before you got a counter offensive in the air

MHz
The last time Russian bombers were off the west coast and fighters were sent there had just finished a contract for the US Govt to overfly Yellowstone because Russian mapping technology is way ahead of the the US because that is how they mapped out the mineral locations in Siberia. They also did the NWT for the Canadian Govt about 5 years ago. I wonder if they are making deals to do the same for the jungles of Central and South America. It would eliminate 20 years are combing the area and you might miss something even then. This way, right to the area that looks promising

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

If they're going to hit, a bomber would only be a diversion anyhow. Missiles would already be raining on you before you got a counter offensive in the air

You could send up 1,000 old bombers, they would all have to be targeted and the real strike is coming in from the sun at mach 15 anyway so what would it matter?

darkbeaver
Republican
They were in international air space.

petros
Some kind Bolshevik plot yet.

BaalsTears
+1
Russia isn't a problem. Mexico is.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

LOL.. yeah, I know they kicked your azz in soccer.

BaalsTears
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

LOL.. yeah, I know they kicked your azz in soccer.

Futbol doesn't matter. The Reconquista does.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

They were in international air space.

That same stuff you have to fly through to get from Russia to NA? If they flew all the way to within 50 miles I think that iw well within the ranfe to deploy the 500 cruise missile it could have carried. The mineral finding flights are also factual and it was about the same that the 'intercept' article hit the news. Could I find it, no. did I look farther than one page, no.

Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

You not taken in enough refugees to pay the mortgage or what?

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Some kind Bolshevik plot yet.

They do get around don't they?

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

...You not taken in enough refugees to pay the mortgage or what?...

There are no refugees coming to the US from Latin America.