why I sometimes think the left has been taken over by idiots.


gerryh
+2
#1
When The Grandson Of A Nazi Is Like, 'Hmm, This Seems Familiar,' It's Probably Time To Pay Attention


Hitler was right wing? Say what? I guess left wing zealots don't like to admit that the NAZI's were a far left wing party.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

When The Grandson Of A Nazi Is Like, 'Hmm, This Seems Familiar,' It's Probably Time To Pay Attention


Hitler was right wing? Say what? I guess left wing zealots don't like to admit that the NAZI's were a far left wing party.

I think any far anything party is dangerous. I sometimes think that if you go far enough to the right or the left, you meet the other side. Sort of a big circle rather than a long line.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
+3
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I think any far anything party is dangerous. I sometimes think that if you go far enough to the right or the left, you meet the other side. Sort of a big circle rather than a long line.

bingo...far left is no different than far right, they just started in a different spot with different goals...then they end up in the same place
 
eh1eh
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I think any far anything party is dangerous. I sometimes think that if you go far enough to the right or the left, you meet the other side. Sort of a big circle rather than a long line.


For example, you, I and most people have been around that metaphorical circle in our minds and just want to live our lives in peace.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

For example, you, I and most people have been around that metaphorical circle in our minds and just want to live our lives in peace.

Good grief yes!!! I mean, think what they want, I don't care, but do they have to be so loud and obnoxious about it all the time. The sky is either about to fall or the world's going to hell in a handbasket, there is no happy place.

I need my happy place.

I think I have some wine in the fridge. Or maybe it's time to break out the blender.
 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
#6
Don't tell Stalin that.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

bingo...far left is no different than far right, they just started in a different spot with different goals...then they end up in the same place


and both extremist sides are equally idiotic
 
Blackleaf
+1
#8
Hitler in Mein Kampf (My Struggle; 1925) directly attacked both left-wing and right-wing politics in Germany, saying:
Today our left-wing politicians in particular are constantly insisting that their craven-hearted and obsequious foreign policy necessarily results from the disarmament of Germany, whereas the truth is that this is the policy of traitors [...] But the politicians of the Right deserve exactly the same reproach. It was through their miserable cowardice that those ruffians of Jews who came into power in 1918 were able to rob the nation of its arms.


Hitler, when asked whether he supported the "bourgeois right-wing", claimed that Nazism was not exclusively for any class, and indicated that it favoured neither the left nor the right, but preserved "pure" elements from both "camps", stating:

"From the camp of bourgeois tradition, it takes national resolve, and from the materialism of the Marxist dogma, living, creative Socialism".

**************************************



Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning is a book, published in January 2008, by conservative Jonah Goldberg on the origins and nature of fascist movements.

In the book, Goldberg argues that fascist movements were and are left-wing. He claims that both modern liberalism and fascism descended from progressivism, and that prior to World War II, "fascism was widely viewed as a progressive social movement with many liberal and left-wing adherents in Europe and the United States".
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

and both extremist sides are equally idiotic

I don't know about idiotic but usually violent and to be feared for sure.
 

Similar Threads

2
Islam's Useful Idiots
by I think not | Jan 4th, 2007
12
The Top 10 Conservative Idiots
by moghrabi | Nov 12th, 2005
no new posts