Are Russia and China going to kick America off the moon?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Russian newspaper Izvestia has recently acquired a draft program written by the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Roscosmos federal space agency, and Moscow State University to achieve this colonization in a three step program beginning with mapping the Moon with robots in the next few years.

[...]

It’s been over forty years since American astronauts walked on the lunar surface. Our space budget has been steadily eroded over the decades, with NASA’s priorities being redirected especially egregiously by the current administration.

[...]

In 2010, Barack so famously told [NASA head Charles] Bolden that NASA’s highest priority should be, “to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science … and math and engineering.”

With priorities like these, it’s no wonder that NASA pays Russia hundreds of millions of dollars a year–and the United States of America does not have a vehicle for launching humans into space. It’s an embarrassment, and this administration should be held accountable.

Blazing Cat Fur: Are Russia and China going to kick America off the moon?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
America is on the moon?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
In 2010, Barack so famously told [NASA head Charles] Bolden that NASA’s highest priority should be, “to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science … and math and engineering.”

What the hell does that have to do with what NASA was about? NASA was, and should, be about space exploration and not about making the Muslim nations feel good about themselves.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Jesus, that photo is almost 45 years old. Americans are still there?

If you zoom in really close...closer, Spade...c'mon, CLOSER!!!, you can see the skeleton in the suit. They forgot about the poor fellow and he perished up there.;)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
That's even sadder! :(

True, they probably don't get HBO up there eh?

It would make for quite the horror movie!

No, but he had a lot of the same Reader's Digests that can be found in one's local Doctor's/Dentist's office.;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It would make for quite the horror movie!

It's like a Twilight Zone episode.

Or that scene from I Am Legend where he's talking to the mannequin in the video store.

No, but he had a lot of the same Reader's Digests that can be found in one's local Doctor's/Dentist's office.;)
Uh oh. 8O

The digest can do funny things to you after a while. Laughter is the Best Medicine suddenly becomes a bitter pill to swallow.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That would be the ultimate troll...and put it on PPV...have a dude go up to the flag pole and just a few mm away from it ( a la "he's touching me", "no I'm not" )...run a few commercials as we wait in anticipation ( just like 'Chopped' )...then 'poot'...buddy thwaps it and it ever so slowly falls to the surface...astrodude unfurls a coolface/problem? flag, the country flag and maybe that of their sponsor...ratings would be second only to the Queen's funeral for viewership I'll bet.

at least that's what I'D do. :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That would be the ultimate troll...and put it on PPV...have a dude go up to the flag pole and just a few mm away from it ( a la "he's touching me", "no I'm not" )...run a few commercials as we wait in anticipation ( just like 'Chopped' )...then 'poot'...buddy thwaps it and it ever so slowly falls to the surface...astrodude unfurls a coolface/problem? flag, the country flag and maybe that of their sponsor...ratings would be second only to the Queen's funeral for viewership I'll bet.

at least that's what I'D do. :lol:

Just off the top of your head, right? No planning involved?

Lol.