Over 200 Subways in the UK to Remove pork, offer Halal meat

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The ship is sinking quickly.

Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat only after 'strong demand' from Muslims

• 185 branches across UK and Ireland now sell halal-only meat
  • Halal refers to objects or actions permissible under Islamic law
  • Pork is forbidden and while other meat can be eaten, it must be sourced, slaughtered and processed according to strict rules
  • Subway said all halal meat served in its branches has come from animals that were stunned before being slaughtered
  • Halal-only menu is in response to 'strong demand' from Muslim customers

more

Subway removes pork from stores after 'strong demand' from Muslims | Mail Online

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They must really enjoy subway to change the menu.

It must still be new to them?

Give them 10 years and the novelty will wear off and subway will switch to no meat for Hindu customers.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Even bacon? Really?
yeah, bacon is something I seldom eat, it's too salty...I do like sausages though...they are spicy...sssssssssssspecially Octoberfest dogs....the beeeeeeeeeeest. ;-)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
They must really enjoy subway to change the menu.

It must still be new to them?

Give them 10 years and the novelty will wear off and subway will switch to no meat for Hindu customers.

I know. Subway is garbage filled with salt and chemicals. These are some dumb Muslims. I guess thet are just as dumb as most North Americans.

The brits are caving fast. No surprise.

Looks like they are pulling a France and surrendering.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The only way to fight it is to pass a government regulation that businesses are not permitted to make changes to satisfy (non-white) customers.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Blackleaf is going to have fit.

And quite rightly. I'm not Muslim and don't want to eat halal meat.

Again, this is another case of everybody having to stop everything to cater for all the needs of just 2.8% of the British population. No other religion gets catered for in this way. Only the Muslimes.

Thankfully, I never eat in Subway, anyway. It's just one of those ****ty Amercian fast food restaurants that sells waste products that it passes off as food.

The only way to fight it is to pass a government regulation that businesses are not permitted to make changes to satisfy (non-white) customers.

They should pass a government regulation that businesses are not permitted to make changes to all their outlets around the country causing inconvenience to millions of people just to satisfy a group which makes up less than 3% of the entire population who want to eat meat which has been slaughtered in a cruel and barbaric way.

Subway would never go out of its way to cater for Christians or Jews in this way. As we all know, however, Muslims are a protected species. They even get away with crimes here that anybody else would be sent down for.