Rising threat of International War

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I blamed Americans for years but they are only the latest wielders of clubs and sabres. The hidden hands that foment war have no home or hearth they wouldn't foul to profit by.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What if they held a war and nobody showed up?

It is time to let this rotting system die so we can created a more equitable one. Bugger the bankers and politicians!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I think Obama is an alien. I don't mean a Muslim foreigner. I mean an honest-to-goodness alien. He's not a grey but he's close.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think Obama is an alien. I don't mean a Muslim foreigner. I mean an honest-to-goodness alien. He's not a grey but he's close.
He's just a paid actor who does a better job of smiling and reading his prepared speaches than his brain dead predecessor. He is a scape goat. The real leaders of the country made off like bandits after they crashed the economy in 2008.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
He is a good reader; never cracks an ironical smile when his speech is totally unbelievable. In his recent European gambit, he lectured that it is never right for a large more powerful nation to impose its will on a smaller one.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
He is a good reader; never cracks an ironical smile when his speech is totally unbelievable. In his recent European gambit, he lectured that it is never right for a large more powerful nation to impose its will on a smaller one.
Unbelievable that he could say that with a straight face, but then, that is why they pay him the big bucks.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
There is a dualism in all things. Hegemony is no exception. It has both positive and negative aspects. Most people are familiar with the negative aspects, but don't perceive the positive aspects.

The greatest positive aspect of hegemony is the creation of a generalized peace in which the great powers do not war with each other. There are always localized wars, but not system wide wars. This was true for Pax Romana, Pax Mongolia, Pax Britannica Pax Americana.

When hegemony fades a geopolitical vacuum is created. Geopolitics abhors a vacuum. The great powers and incipient great powers rush in to fill the vacuum lest others succeed in doing so. As a result generalized war inevitably results. As American power fades the world is entering into an era in which generalized war again becomes possible.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There is a dualism in all things. Hegemony is no exception. It has both positive and negative aspects. Most people are familiar with the negative aspects, but don't perceive the positive aspects.

The greatest positive aspect of hegemony is the creation of a generalized peace in which the great powers do not war with each other. There are always localized wars, but not system wide wars. This was true for Pax Romana, Pax Mongolia, Pax Britannica Pax Americana.

When hegemony fades a geopolitical vacuum is created. Geopolitics abhors a vacuum. The great powers and incipient great powers rush in to fill the vacuum lest others succeed in doing so. As a result generalized war inevitably results. As American power fades the world is entering into an era in which generalized war again becomes possible.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Woopy, we're all gonna die!

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Pax Americana wasn't much of a pax.

Pax Americana prevented a world war while it was in force. It also prevented widespread nuclear proliferation during the same period.

But that era is over now. Do you wonder what the implications are for Canada in the world that's being born? We don't need a weather report to know which way the wind is blowing.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Woopy, we're all gonna die!

Two famous lines that bracket an era...Pearl Harbor to the Paris Peace Accords. Btw, I remember Country Joe McDonald very well.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

So do you think after he's done, if he goes on the late night talk shows he'll admit there are aliens where Clinton said no?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So do you think after he's done, if he goes on the late night talk shows he'll admit there are aliens where Clinton said no?
Those humans who think they are in control think us peons can't handle the truth. Their alien masters told them so.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Sister,
Clinton admitted that he enquired about UFOs. When asked by the interviewer what he discovered, he avoided answering. He used the Reagan line about cooperation among nations currently adversaries if there were ever an alien threat.
Brother Spade
PS
I'll post the interview for you in a moment.

President Bill Clinton on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 3 - YouTube