Australia's top court recognizes Third Gender?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Sydney (AFP) - Australia's highest court on Wednesday recognised the existence of a third "non-specific" gender that is neither male nor female, in a landmark ruling campaigners said will help end years of discrimination.

The High Court ruled that not everyone should be forced to identify as a man or woman when dealing with officials, saying some people could legitimately describe themselves as gender neutral.
"The High Court... recognises that a person may be neither male nor female, Read more
Or get a freaking barf bag. Good grief what a waste of tax payer money.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
There will be more money spent on lawsuits if some changes aren't made.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
How can you recognise a gender which doesn't exist? You're either male or female.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Many languages have had a third gender for centuries. Called the "neuter."

Couldn't expect Brits or Canucks to know that, I suppose. Most of them don't even speak one language.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
There's actually a lot of people who don't ID as either male or female and don't wish to. That said, seeing as I am really hating all the labels out there; who cares? It shouldn't matter to society if you see yourself male, female or other and you shouldn't bring it up just to make yourself seem special.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
There's actually a lot of people who don't ID as either male or female and don't wish to. That said, seeing as I am really hating all the labels out there; who cares? It shouldn't matter to society if you see yourself male, female or other and you shouldn't bring it up just to make yourself seem special.

It shouldn't make a difference. But legally speaking, they'll have to be called something in order to access the law.

Either you sit or stand to piss. There is no third option.

What about those that sit and stand depending on the their alcohol levels? or squatters? we have a number of squatters in the lower mainland.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Many languages have had a third gender for centuries. Called the "neuter."

Couldn't expect Brits or Canucks to know that, I suppose. Most of them don't even speak one language.

Crap, what have I been speaking all this time?