Australia's top court recognizes Third Gender?

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote:

Sydney (AFP) - Australia's highest court on Wednesday recognised the existence of a third "non-specific" gender that is neither male nor female, in a landmark ruling campaigners said will help end years of discrimination.

The High Court ruled that not everyone should be forced to identify as a man or woman when dealing with officials, saying some people could legitimately describe themselves as gender neutral.
"The High Court... recognises that a person may be neither male nor female, Read more

Or get a freaking barf bag. Good grief what a waste of tax payer money.

petros
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Either you sit or stand to piss. There is no third option.

mentalfloss
There will be more money spent on lawsuits if some changes aren't made.

Blackleaf
How can you recognise a gender which doesn't exist? You're either male or female.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Many languages have had a third gender for centuries. Called the "neuter."

Couldn't expect Brits or Canucks to know that, I suppose. Most of them don't even speak one language.

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Or get a freaking barf bag. Good grief what a waste of tax payer money.

Serryah
Free Thinker
There's actually a lot of people who don't ID as either male or female and don't wish to. That said, seeing as I am really hating all the labels out there; who cares? It shouldn't matter to society if you see yourself male, female or other and you shouldn't bring it up just to make yourself seem special.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by SerryahView Post

There's actually a lot of people who don't ID as either male or female and don't wish to. That said, seeing as I am really hating all the labels out there; who cares? It shouldn't matter to society if you see yourself male, female or other and you shouldn't bring it up just to make yourself seem special.

It shouldn't make a difference. But legally speaking, they'll have to be called something in order to access the law.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Either you sit or stand to piss. There is no third option.

What about those that sit and stand depending on the their alcohol levels? or squatters? we have a number of squatters in the lower mainland.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
+1
and those born with both parts?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Couldn't expect Brits or Canucks to know that, I suppose. Most of them don't even speak one language.

Unlike Americans, we do speak A language. Troll on boner.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Crap, what have I been speaking all this time?

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Crap, what have I been speaking all this time?

?

lol

no new posts