Hey, let's change the Union Jack

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
because Scotland, or something. Could be his kid's school project too, who knows. Anyway:

Scot-free! Union Jack gets a Yes vote makeover: Secret Government papers reveal how flag will look if Scotland votes for independence

• Symbol has represented Britain for two centuries and is respected globally
  • Plans would see the cross of St Andrew ditched from the design
  • Would be the first change since 1801, when Ireland's red saltire was added
  • Details revealed by a Downing Street adviser as he stepped out of his car

more

How Union Jack flag will look if Scotland votes for independence | Mail Online

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It appeared in the 1st April edition of the Daily Mail.

Yeah, I don't care when it 'appeared' in hard copy anywhere...I'm talking about the idiot e-version of this story from the day before. They screwed up by posting it early. That's all.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yeah, I don't care when it 'appeared' in hard copy anywhere...I'm talking about the idiot e-version of this story from the day before. They screwed up by posting it early. That's all.

23:00 hours GMT. They couldn't have waited one more hour?

Perhaps they have as much difficulty telling time as some do in reading a date?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That means nothing. Once something's been published they can reprint it in any day's edition they feel like.

It was published on March 31st.

And it appeared in the April 1st edition of the Daily Mail as an April Fool.

This was also an April Fool, which appeared in The Guardian:

Scotland to switch to driving on the right if independence given green light | From the Guardian | The Guardian

It's also the last post in this thread: http://forums.canadiancontent.net/i.../122167-scotland-pound-much-ours-yours-3.html

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
And it appeared in the April 1st edition of the Daily Mail as an April Fool.

So? It can appear in the April 2nd edition or the April 3rd edition, that doesn't change the fact that it was published and made available online on the day before April 1st.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So? It can appear in the April 2nd edition or the April 3rd edition, that doesn't change the fact that it was published and made available online on the day before April 1st.

It appeared in 1st April Daily Mail because it was an April Fool.

23:00 hours GMT. They couldn't have waited one more hour?

They could have done. But, then, not everyone is as pedantic as you are.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Dunno.... It's April 9 and we're still braying about an April Fool.... Who's pedantic?

Who's "we"? Don't you mean "him"? Lol.

See this is what he does when he's backed himself into a ridiculous corner, just waits a few days until everything dies down then posts a "retort". Suppose it's his sad way of getting the last word in or something. Whatever. Let the baby have his bottle then.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Who's "we"? Don't you mean "him"? Lol.

See this is what he does when he's backed himself into a ridiculous corner, just waits a few days until everything dies down then posts a "retort". Suppose it's his sad way of getting the last word in or something. Whatever. Let the baby have his bottle then.

Imagine holding it in for a week. Guy's going to have a stroke. Then again, strokes affect the brain, so maybe not.