Britons rate Russia more positively than EU, poll shows

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
London (AFP) - Britons see Russia in a more positive light than the European Union, despite recent tensions with Moscow over Ukraine, according to a poll published on Saturday.

Voters in Britain are also equally divided about whether to remain in the 28-member bloc, a subject on which Prime Minister David Cameron has promised a referendum in 2017.

The results of the online poll of 20,000 people between 7 and 20 January organised by Conservative party peer Lord Michael Aschcroft were published in Rupert Murdoch's British tabloid The Sun on Sunday.

more

http://news.yahoo.com/britons-rate-...-003103687.html;_ylt=AwrTWfx3PS5TkwEAwQHQtDMD

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I look on with envy at those Crimeans who are turning their backs on the EUSSR and rejoining the much more democratic and free Mother Russia.
Britain should be out of the EUSSR NOW.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hope you're still ok with it when Russia applies the Stalinist grain export sanctions to the UK. Grass tastes wonderful I'm told.

Your country doesn't grow enough food to feed its people for a week.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hope you're still ok with it when Russia

Yeah. I am okay. I have no problem whatsoever with Crimea becoming part of Russia. Putin is right to annex it.

And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR.

But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation, running its own affairs without unelected Johnny Foreigner sticking his unwanted oar in.

I'll be voting UKIP in 2015, and then voting to leave the EUSSR in the 2019 referendum.

Your country doesn't grow enough food to feed its people for a week.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I forgot. You're an expert on UK food production.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I look on with envy at those Crimeans who are turning their backs on the EUSSR and rejoining the much more democratic and free Mother Russia.
Britain should be out of the EUSSR NOW.

Like Alaska you could hold a referendum and you too can join Russia. (for a price)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Blackleaf;1889697 And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR. But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation said:
You could always join Iceland, for a price and they have already shed the shackles GB is hindered by, that and not being very selective who her friends are. You should have said 'No Thank You' to the Balfour Declaration request by 'you know who from Belgium'

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I never knew the City of London, which accounts for 2.4% of the UK's GDP, and the Crown, hinder the UK's economic growth. You learn something new everyday.

You didn't know because there was no need to enlighten you especially since they would have been robbing you blind while you watched the Monarchs parade down the streets in gilt carriages. Yes it is correct that I do learn something new every day. You on the other hand.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah. I am okay. I have no problem whatsoever with Crimea becoming part of Russia. Putin is right to annex it.

And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR.

But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation, running its own affairs without unelected Johnny Foreigner sticking his unwanted oar in.

I'll be voting UKIP in 2015, and then voting to leave the EUSSR in the 2019 referendum.

Ah Blackleaf....you start out so well with support for the UK withdrawal from the EU....but then you just have to prove you really are an idiot.

The USSR murdered 20 million of its own people.

The EU is a political disaster, but I have yet to see pogroms, purges, mass evictions of entire populations, and planned starvation.

Or maybe you didn't know....time to get an education.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

Sorry. I forgot. You're an expert on UK food production.[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed I am, son; for being so astute you may have an extra bowl of gruel. Try not to let it drip out the sides of your mouth.............and use a spoon.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
....time to get an education.
You get educated first. North America taught that when you don't want people on the land you kill them off, and you want to bitch about one side doing it while excusing 'your side' from going it longer and in greater numbers. This is just the Indians once you add in the 'others' the USSR looks positively tame. BTW GB, France, Italy, Spain were in there like dirty shirts.
How many Native Americans were killed by the US government
Estimates:
Two studies have been conducted that attempt to number the natives killed by the United States. The first of these was sponsored by the United States government, and while official does not stand up to scrutiny and is therefore discounted (generally); this estimate shows between 1 million to 4 million killed. The second study was not sponsored by the US Government but was done from independent researchers. This study estimated populations and population reductions using later census data. Two figures are given, both low and high, at: between 10 million and 114 million Indians as a direct result of US actions. Please note that Nazi Holocaust estimates are between 6 and 11 million; thereby making the Nazi Holocaust the 2nd largest mass murder of a class of people in history.
REF:

alrighty comrades
The list and numbers are enough that you should need a barf bag, all except Colpy who will probably get a woodie.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
MHz, are you operating under the delusion that the U.S. is part of the EU?

That'd explain a lot.

Ah Blackleaf....you start out so well with support for the UK withdrawal from the EU....but then you just have to prove you really are an idiot.

The EU is a political disaster, but I have yet to see pogroms, purges, mass evictions of entire populations, and planned starvation.

Or maybe you didn't know....time to get an education.
70 million. But who's counting?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
MHz, are you operating under the delusion that the U.S. is part of the EU?

That'd explain a lot.

70 million. But who's counting?
I'm saying we killed more 'citizens' that the USSR and probably China also. The Rothschild world wars killed 100M and nobody at all squawks about that . There seems to be two standards at play here and that is what explains a lot. Luckily the Indians introduced tobacco to the Europe (without the 100 extra ingredients to make it fully addictive.

A spoon would be a move up.
If you slurp it straight from the bowl some gets stuck in your mustache and you can use that for a snack before your next bowl.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Did you remember how much they like to have 'slaves' also?? And when they pull out of an area it is pretty much a scorched earth policy.