Britons rate Russia more positively than EU, poll shows


Locutus
#1
London (AFP) - Britons see Russia in a more positive light than the European Union, despite recent tensions with Moscow over Ukraine, according to a poll published on Saturday.

Voters in Britain are also equally divided about whether to remain in the 28-member bloc, a subject on which Prime Minister David Cameron has promised a referendum in 2017.

The results of the online poll of 20,000 people between 7 and 20 January organised by Conservative party peer Lord Michael Aschcroft were published in Rupert Murdoch's British tabloid The Sun on Sunday.


more


news.yahoo.com/britons-rate-r...5TkwEAwQHQtDMD (external - login to view)
 
Blackleaf
#2
I look on with envy at those Crimeans who are turning their backs on the EUSSR and rejoining the much more democratic and free Mother Russia.
Britain should be out of the EUSSR NOW.


 
Nuggler
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
Hope you're still ok with it when Russia applies the Stalinist grain export sanctions to the UK. Grass tastes wonderful I'm told.

Your country doesn't grow enough food to feed its people for a week.
 
Blackleaf
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Hope you're still ok with it when Russia

Yeah. I am okay. I have no problem whatsoever with Crimea becoming part of Russia. Putin is right to annex it.

And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR.

But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation, running its own affairs without unelected Johnny Foreigner sticking his unwanted oar in.

I'll be voting UKIP in 2015, and then voting to leave the EUSSR in the 2019 referendum.

Your country doesn't grow enough food to feed its people for a week.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I forgot. You're an expert on UK food production.
 
MHz
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I look on with envy at those Crimeans who are turning their backs on the EUSSR and rejoining the much more democratic and free Mother Russia.
Britain should be out of the EUSSR NOW.


Like Alaska you could hold a referendum and you too can join Russia. (for a price)
 
petros
+1
#6
Your right. Brits would make excellent neo-bolsheviks.
 
MHz
#7
[QUOTE=Blackleaf;1889697

And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR.

But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation, running its own affairs without unelected Johnny Foreigner sticking his unwanted oar in.

I'll be voting UKIP in 2015, and then voting to leave the EUSSR in the 2019 referendum.

[/QUOTE]
You could always join Iceland, for a price and they have already shed the shackles GB is hindered by, that and not being very selective who her friends are. You should have said 'No Thank You' to the Balfour Declaration request by 'you know who from Belgium'
 
Blackleaf
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You could always join Iceland

Or we could just be a free and independent nation.

Quote:

and they have already shed the shackles GB is hindered by

And what shackles would they be?
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Or we could just be a free and independent nation.



And what shackles would they be?

City of London and the Crown you subject.
 
Blackleaf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

City of London and the Crown you subject.

I never knew the City of London, which accounts for 2.4% of the UK's GDP, and the Crown, hinder the UK's economic growth. You learn something new everyday.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

I never knew the City of London, which accounts for 2.4% of the UK's GDP, and the Crown, hinder the UK's economic growth. You learn something new everyday.

You didn't know because there was no need to enlighten you especially since they would have been robbing you blind while you watched the Monarchs parade down the streets in gilt carriages. Yes it is correct that I do learn something new every day. You on the other hand.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Your right. Brits would make excellent neo-bolsheviks.

Well, radicalism isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think it would take much to push Brits into Leninesque or Stalinesque activities if Blacklung is any example of your average Brit.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+3
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Yeah. I am okay. I have no problem whatsoever with Crimea becoming part of Russia. Putin is right to annex it.

And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR.

But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation, running its own affairs without unelected Johnny Foreigner sticking his unwanted oar in.

I'll be voting UKIP in 2015, and then voting to leave the EUSSR in the 2019 referendum.

Your country doesn't grow enough food to feed its people for a week.


Ah Blackleaf....you start out so well with support for the UK withdrawal from the EU....but then you just have to prove you really are an idiot.

The USSR murdered 20 million of its own people.

The EU is a political disaster, but I have yet to see pogroms, purges, mass evictions of entire populations, and planned starvation.

Or maybe you didn't know....time to get an education.
 
Nuggler
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Yeah. I am okay. I have no problem whatsoever with Crimea becoming part of Russia. Putin is right to annex it.

And I do think Britain will be better off being part of Russia than being part of the EUSSR. Russia is a shining beacon of democracy and freedom compared to the EUSSR.

But Britain will be even better off as a free and independent nation, running its own affairs without unelected Johnny Foreigner sticking his unwanted oar in.

I'll be voting UKIP in 2015, and then voting to leave the EUSSR in the 2019 referendum.

Your country doesn't grow enough food to feed its people for a week.

Sorry. I forgot. You're an expert on UK food production.[/QUOTE]


Yes indeed I am, son; for being so astute you may have an extra bowl of gruel. Try not to let it drip out the sides of your mouth.............and use a spoon.
 
MHz
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

The USSR murdered 20 million of its own people.
....time to get an education.

You get educated first. North America taught that when you don't want people on the land you kill them off, and you want to bitch about one side doing it while excusing 'your side' from going it longer and in greater numbers. This is just the Indians once you add in the 'others' the USSR looks positively tame. BTW GB, France, Italy, Spain were in there like dirty shirts.
How many Native Americans were killed by the US government
Estimates:
Two studies have been conducted that attempt to number the natives killed by the United States. The first of these was sponsored by the United States government, and while official does not stand up to scrutiny and is therefore discounted (generally); this estimate shows between 1 million to 4 million killed. The second study was not sponsored by the US Government but was done from independent researchers. This study estimated populations and population reductions using later census data. Two figures are given, both low and high, at: between 10 million and 114 million Indians as a direct result of US actions. Please note that Nazi Holocaust estimates are between 6 and 11 million; thereby making the Nazi Holocaust the 2nd largest mass murder of a class of people in history.
REF:

alrighty comrades (external - login to view)
The list and numbers are enough that you should need a barf bag, all except Colpy who will probably get a woodie.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#16
MHz, are you operating under the delusion that the U.S. is part of the EU?

That'd explain a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Ah Blackleaf....you start out so well with support for the UK withdrawal from the EU....but then you just have to prove you really are an idiot.

The USSR murdered 20 million of its own people.

The EU is a political disaster, but I have yet to see pogroms, purges, mass evictions of entire populations, and planned starvation.

Or maybe you didn't know....time to get an education.

70 million. But who's counting?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Sorry. I forgot. You're an expert on UK food production.


Quote:

Yes indeed I am, son; for being so astute you may have an extra bowl of gruel. Try not to let it drip out the sides of your mouth.............and use a spoon.

A spoon would be a move up.
 
MHz
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

MHz, are you operating under the delusion that the U.S. is part of the EU?

That'd explain a lot.


70 million. But who's counting?

I'm saying we killed more 'citizens' that the USSR and probably China also. The Rothschild world wars killed 100M and nobody at all squawks about that . There seems to be two standards at play here and that is what explains a lot. Luckily the Indians introduced tobacco to the Europe (without the 100 extra ingredients to make it fully addictive.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

A spoon would be a move up.

If you slurp it straight from the bowl some gets stuck in your mustache and you can use that for a snack before your next bowl.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#19
Weill the Brits do have a Fascist streak inside, runs deep and wide.
 
MHz
#20
Did you remember how much they like to have 'slaves' also?? And when they pull out of an area it is pretty much a scorched earth policy.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+2
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Weill the Brits do have a Fascist streak inside, runs deep and wide.

Well, it is the master race, you know. Just ask Blacklung.
Last edited by L Gilbert; Mar 23rd, 2014 at 08:04 PM..
 
Tecumsehsbones
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

I'm saying we killed more 'citizens' that the USSR and probably China also. The Rothschild world wars killed 100M and nobody at all squawks about that . There seems to be two standards at play here and that is what explains a lot. Luckily the Indians introduced tobacco to the Europe (without the 100 extra ingredients to make it fully addictive.

We weren't citizens. Not until 1924. You haven't the first idea about the Indian genocide, you just pull it out to have something to whine about.
 
BaalsTears
#23
What an interesting thread!

Back to the subject at hand. I think there are many people in the UK who are very alienated from the EU and the direction they see their country taking. They are apparently so alienated that they sympathize with a foreign power. Alienation of such magnitude bodes ill.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#24
Does the Queen know about her subjects discomforts.
 
Locutus
+2
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Does the Queen know about her subjects discomforts.

I emailed this thread to the palace, not to worry friend.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#26
Well I guess that's all we can do.
 
Locutus
#27
(+44) (0)20 7930 4832.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#28
I don't want to wake her up.
 
Locutus
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

I don't want to wake her up.



I'll let you know how it goes then.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#30
Your a brave man it's only 3;41 over there, what if his highness answers eh?
 

Similar Threads

4
Tories' support eroding, poll shows
by Avro | Jan 28th, 2010
15
Tories way ahead....poll shows
by dancing-loon | Mar 9th, 2008
no new posts