Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'?

Machjo
Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'? | Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | theguardian.com (external - login to view)

Pretty worrying find. But forbid we should raise the price of gas?

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'? | Nafeez Ahmed | Environment | theguardian.com (external - login to view)

Pretty worrying find. But forbid we should raise the price of gas?

What civilization? Certainly the west is doing all it can do to include the entire global industrial sectors in this collapse as cover for the wanton bleeding dry of the west by the wests corporate and financial democracies. NASA ? Well they are interested in new empty space. Why would viable industrial sectors give up civilization because of western economic collapse? The statement betrays the absolute necessity of global war to the survival of the western ruling class .Once the host is mortally wounded it must be discarded for new blood.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

What civilization? Certainly the west is doing all it can do to include the entire global industrial sectors in this collapse as cover for the wanton bleeding dry of the west by the wests corporate and financial democracies. NASA ? Well they are interested in new empty space. Why would viable industrial sectors give up civilization because of western economic collapse? The statement betrays the absolute necessity of global war to the survival of the western ruling class .Once the host is mortally wounded it must be discarded for new blood.

You must be the most far right capitalist on these forums.

BaalsTears
NASA is no longer in the business of manned space flight. It no longer has any reason to exist. Get rid of it.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

NASA is no longer in the business of manned space flight. It no longer has any reason to exist. Get rid of it.

Is there something in NASA's charter that limits it to crewed space flight?

Locutus
+2
#6  Top Rated Post

That's for sure. It's in the muslim-fellowship biddness.

Machjo
Solution? Suck more resources out of the ground. I can just hear the straw slurping the last dreggs already.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1

You must be the most far right capitalist on these forums.

Just be happy that the railroad I built once a long time ago bankrupted me. Now all I can do is live in the past when I had heaps of gold and my own international army of elite mercenaries.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
Empires collapse... it is natural law. Another more autocratic one will take its place. Sheeple need to be controlled. They demand it. Civilization is an oxymoron.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Is there something in NASA's charter that limits it to crewed space flight?

NASA was born in the immediate aftermath of Sputnik. It was designed to compete with the Soviet space program. It triumphed to that extent with the moon landings, but subsequently lost its way. Now NASA's primary objective is Muslim outreach and pontificating on global warming. That's a diversion of scarce dollars from being lavished on the dependent class.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

Solution? Suck more resources out of the ground. I can just hear the straw slurping the last dreggs already.

How ya heating your house this winter M?

Filled up the ole gas guzzler lately?

Tecumsehsbones

NASA was born in the immediate aftermath of Sputnik. It was designed to compete with the Soviet space program. It triumphed to that extent with the moon landings, but subsequently lost its way. Now NASA's primary objective is Muslim outreach and pontificating on global warming. That's a diversion of scarce dollars from being lavished on the dependent class.

So, your answer to my question is "no."

BaalsTears
+2 / -1

So, your answer to my question is "no."

Don't you hate it when you ask a question and people answer a different question? That's the type of thing lawyers, diplomats, and politicians do.

Tecumsehsbones

Don't you hate it when you ask a question and people answer a different question?

Not particularly. I find it quite indicative of their honesty and intelligence, which are useful to know.

Quote:

That's the type of thing lawyers, diplomats, and politicians do.

Which are you?

MHz
Pay attention starting at the about the 15:00 mark.

THE SECRET NASA TRANSMISSIONS The Smoking Gun - FEATURE FILM - YouTube

EagleSmack
.no.

BaalsTears
+1 / -1

Not particularly. I find it quite indicative of their honesty and intelligence, which are useful to know.

Can I have some of Uncle TB's famous butt hurt cream please?

Quote:

Which are you?

I used to be a bar fighter until my physician told me I didn't have a future in that line of work. Now I turn stallions into geldings.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

How ya heating your house this winter M?

Filled up the ole gas guzzler lately?

Hydro. I also don't drive when I don't have to.

Nothing wrong with using resources to a degree, but consider how some people will rid their motorbike just for a joyride. I honestly don't mind payin more for hydro. When the hydro rates increased, I supported it. Why shold the taxpayer subsidize my hydro use?

Tecumsehsbones

I'll see if I can make up a tanker-load for you. That's be about the standard dosage for horribly betrayed, hard-done-by dwama queen.

MHz

I used to be a bar fighter until my physician told me I didn't have a future in that line of work. Now I turn stallions into geldings.

Isn't that what bouncers in bars do?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Hydro. I also don't drive when I don't have to.

Nothing wrong with using resources to a degree, but consider how some people will rid their motorbike just for a joyride. I honestly don't mind payin more for hydro. When the hydro rates increased, I supported it. Why shold the taxpayer subsidize my hydro use?

I'm thinking of installing a Franklin stove in my place... Might need 2 or 3 to ensure that I have proper coverage for the entire house.

Now, all I will need is a few cords of wood to burn and I'll be set.

Nothing like cutting down a small forest to heat the ole homestead when it's in the minus territory.

PS - Hydro projects end up trapping all of the natural occurring heavy metals in the resulting reservoir... Nothing quite like amassing high concentrations of lead, mercury and whatnot in one small place in the name of eco-friendliness.

MHz
Convert it to use diesel.

Machjo

I'm thinking of installing a Franklin stove in my place... Might need 2 or 3 to ensure that I have proper coverage for the entire house.

Now, all I will need is a few cords of wood to burn and I'll be set.

Nothing like cutting down a small forest to heat the ole homestead when it's in the minus territory.

PS - Hydro projects end up trapping all of the natural occurring heavy metals in the resulting reservoir... Nothing quite like amassing high concentrations of lead, mercury and whatnot in one small place in the name of eco-friendliness.

Yes we need to use resources to a degree. The main thing is I don't want others to subsidize my use so that I know the real cost of my resource use. That way you might have fewer people weaing their t-shirts in their homes in mid-winter and maybe wear sweaters. Often the same people complaining about energy and gas prices are the same ones who wear only t-shirts in id-winter intheir homes and like to go on joy rides on their motorbikes, etc. then they want Joe public to subsidize it.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Yes we need to use resources to a degree. The main thing is I don't want others to subsidize my use so that I know the real cost of my resource use. That way you might have fewer people weaing their t-shirts in their homes in mid-winter and maybe wear sweaters. Often the same people complaining about energy and gas prices are the same ones who wear only t-shirts in id-winter intheir homes and like to go on joy rides on their motorbikes, etc. then they want Joe public to subsidize it.

I don't think you're following the reasoning here. Allow me to explain. If you use any product or service made by industrial processes, and you support any kind of "green" energy, energy efficiency, pollution control, or limitation on resource extraction, you're a HYYYYYYYYPOCRITE!

Machjo
+1

I don't think you're following the reasoning here. Allow me to explain. If you use any product or service made by industrial processes, and you support any kind of "green" energy, energy efficiency, pollution control, or limitation on resource extraction, you're a HYYYYYYYYPOCRITE!

My bad. You're absolutely right. We need to subsidize all these industries and deregulate the hell out of them to keep them running for as long as they can. After all, if it's a choice between paying more for resources over the long term or getting them cheap today and gone tomorrow, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts man.

Tecumsehsbones
And we can enjoy the acid rain by the light of the burning Cuyahoga River.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

BINGO!!!

... Or, rather than legislate your ideals on others that don't share the same; live by your own set of values and worry about yourself first before you go crusading

And we can enjoy the acid rain by the light of the burning Cuyahoga River.

I'm way up wind from the Cuyohoga..... I'll burn a few tires for ya'll so as to make a pretty sunset for your enjoyment

Machjo

BINGO!!!

... Or, rather than legislate your ideals on others that don't share the same; live by your own set of values and worry about yourself first before you go crusading

I'm way up wind from the Cuyohoga..... I'll burn a few tires for ya'll so as to make a pretty sunset for your enjoyment

All I'm proposing is stop subsidizing it. You are aware aren't you that Ontario hydro is subsidized?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

All I'm proposing is stop subsidizing it. You are aware aren't you that Ontario hydro is subsidized?

I am a big believer in eliminating subsidies and allowing the market to find it's own equilibrium

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Empires collapse... it is natural law. Another more autocratic one will take its place. Sheeple need to be controlled. They demand it. Civilization is an oxymoron.

Yup it is just uncivil how we provide pensions to handicapped ex hippies >

no new posts