Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

What civilization? Certainly the west is doing all it can do to include the entire global industrial sectors in this collapse as cover for the wanton bleeding dry of the west by the wests corporate and financial democracies. NASA ? Well they are interested in new empty space. Why would viable industrial sectors give up civilization because of western economic collapse? The statement betrays the absolute necessity of global war to the survival of the western ruling class .Once the host is mortally wounded it must be discarded for new blood.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
What civilization? Certainly the west is doing all it can do to include the entire global industrial sectors in this collapse as cover for the wanton bleeding dry of the west by the wests corporate and financial democracies. NASA ? Well they are interested in new empty space. Why would viable industrial sectors give up civilization because of western economic collapse? The statement betrays the absolute necessity of global war to the survival of the western ruling class .Once the host is mortally wounded it must be discarded for new blood.
You must be the most far right capitalist on these forums. :)

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Solution? Suck more resources out of the ground. I can just hear the straw slurping the last dreggs already.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Empires collapse... it is natural law. Another more autocratic one will take its place. Sheeple need to be controlled. They demand it. Civilization is an oxymoron.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Is there something in NASA's charter that limits it to crewed space flight?

NASA was born in the immediate aftermath of Sputnik. It was designed to compete with the Soviet space program. It triumphed to that extent with the moon landings, but subsequently lost its way. Now NASA's primary objective is Muslim outreach and pontificating on global warming. That's a diversion of scarce dollars from being lavished on the dependent class.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
NASA was born in the immediate aftermath of Sputnik. It was designed to compete with the Soviet space program. It triumphed to that extent with the moon landings, but subsequently lost its way. Now NASA's primary objective is Muslim outreach and pontificating on global warming. That's a diversion of scarce dollars from being lavished on the dependent class.
So, your answer to my question is "no."

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
How ya heating your house this winter M?

Filled up the ole gas guzzler lately?

Hydro. I also don't drive when I don't have to.

Nothing wrong with using resources to a degree, but consider how some people will rid their motorbike just for a joyride. I honestly don't mind payin more for hydro. When the hydro rates increased, I supported it. Why shold the taxpayer subsidize my hydro use?