Iran rejects Israel's 'baseless' claims that it sent weapons ship to Gaza


mentalfloss
#1
Iran rejects Israel's 'baseless' claims that it sent weapons ship to Gaza

An official source in the Iranian armed forces told Iranian Tasnim news agency on Wednesday that the IDF accusation that arms found on a ship came from Tehran is "baseless and false."

The Israel Navy intercepted an Iranian arms smuggling ship carrying dozens of long-range rockets to Gaza near Port Sudan early on Wednesday.

Gaza was quick to deny knowledge of the incoming shipment of arms, saying that Israeli claims were a "dangerous move" to justify Israel's naval blockade of the coastal enclave.

Spokesman for the Gaza Ministry of Interior Islam Shahwan told journalists to avoid "being tricked by the Israeli narrative about capturing a ship carrying weapons to Gaza."

Hamas claims that the the idea is absurd because the naval blockade would prevent the ship from reaching them anyway, even though the IDF claims that the ship would have landed in Egypt and weapons would have been smuggled through tunnels.

Iran rejects Israel's 'baseless' claims that it sent weapons ship to Gaza | JPost | Israel News (external - login to view)
 
MHz
#2
I'm sure there are better routes for rockets made in Syria to get to Gaza that shipping them anyplace close to the Red Sea.
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
When time passes judgement on this conflict, they will ultimately refer to this as the Bullsh1t War, because never in any conflict in the history of human affairs has there been more bullsh1t spewed than this one. never in any conflict have the parteis actually focussed more on spewing bullsh1t than actual fighting.

If these guys spent half the amount of effort trying to find constructive solutions that they put in to their bullsh1t, this problem would have been licked long ago.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

When time passes judgement on this conflict, they will ultimately refer to this as the Bullsh1t War, because never in any conflict in the history of human affairs has there been more bullsh1t spewed than this one. never in any conflict have the parteis actually focussed more on spewing bullsh1t than actual fighting.

If these guys spent half the amount of effort trying to find constructive solutions that they put in to their bullsh1t, this problem would have been licked long ago.

The nature of the antagonists precludes any constructive solution. Fifty years of peace talks during occupation and the genocidal expansionist program of the Israels leaves only a fight for life to the Palestinians. Time cannot pass judgement, that is left to humans, and the world has judged Israel as the aggressor. What time will do is wear them down into dust, they are nearly completely mad today. We will live to see them punished.
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

The nature of the antagonists precludes any constructive solution. Fifty years of peace talks during occupation and the genocidal expansionist program of the Israels leaves only a fight for life to the Palestinians. Time cannot pass judgement, that is left to humans, and the world has judged Israel as the aggressor. What time will do is wear them down into dust, they are nearly completely mad today. We will live to see them punished.

That's not the way I see it. I look at it as mostly a low-level war. If something stays the same for fifty years, you really have to ask if that is not a stable solution. For the Israelis, continued unrest and terrorism by the Palestinains provides justification for them to continue to expand and ignore the refugee problem. For the Palestinians, the great evil Jew nicely distracts from their corrupt plutocracies.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#6
The dogs of Israel are setting up a lame excuse for their Palestinian solution, their Iran solution and their Syrian solution Lebanon as well.
War is Israels land of milk and honey.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

That's not the way I see it. I look at it as mostly a low-level war. If something stays the same for fifty years, you really have to ask if that is not a stable solution. For the Israelis, continued unrest and terrorism by the Palestinains provides justification for them to continue to expand and ignore the refugee problem. For the Palestinians, the great evil Jew nicely distracts from their corrupt plutocracies.

So there's nothing to the claims of an expansionist Israeli policy then. Would you sit in your living room while your property was chiseled away by armed bandits and your children murdered by the same state?
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

So there's nothing to the claims of an expansionist Israeli policy then. Would you sit in your living room while your property was chiseled away by armed bandits and your children murdered by the same state?

No, I wouldn't. If it were me, I would realize that a military solution to my problems was simply not in the cards, since I was vastly outmanned, outgunned, outarmed, out-technologied, outspent etc etc etc. Any solution I proposed that included violence would work out worse for me. Therefore I would renounce violence fundamentally and absolutely.

This forces the opposition to renounce violence as well, since any violence on their part essetnially means massacring people which, over time, creates PR issues and will create internal dissent.

This approach was used by Ghandi and Martin Luther King successfully. And the early Christians.
 
EagleSmack
#8
Israel will turn those rockets over to Al Queda and they'll be used on Assad.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

No, I wouldn't. If it were me, I would realize that a military solution to my problems was simply not in the cards, since I was vastly outmanned, outgunned, outarmed, out-technologied, outspent etc etc etc. Any solution I proposed that included violence would work out worse for me. Therefore I would renounce violence fundamentally and absolutely.

This forces the opposition to renounce violence as well, since any violence on their part essetnially means massacring people which, over time, creates PR issues and will create internal dissent.

This approach was used by Ghandi and Martin Luther King successfully. And the early Christians.

The Israeli's disagree completely with you, always their plea is "never again" so you see one side must destroy the other and here too the Israelis agree with me as their systematic dismemberment of Palestine and their displacement of the indigenous people and occupaytion of those displaced areas proves. You can't renounce violence when you're dead and that is the Israeli position and has been for a very long time. So you would sit in your livingroom while your house was looted and your children and wife were dragged away to concentration camps? Ghandi, King and the early christians are all dead and gone and the problems each offered solutions for continue unabated in the least. We might as well add that smiling jack *** the Dali Lamha to the former company of failures.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Israel will turn those rockets over to Al Queda and they'll be used on Assad.

So far they're paper rockets.
 
EagleSmack
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post


So far they're paper rockets.

I expect Assad's forces to get a lot of paper cuts in the next few weeks then.
 
MHz
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

I expect Assad's forces to get a lot of paper cuts in the next few weeks then.

If they were meant for Hamas then they would have no warheads.

If they are meant for Syrian rebels the the Golan Heights and it's well worn paths will be the route they will travel. Not the best route if Russian is sending Assad intel on rebel moves.

Israel Prepares Ethnic Cleansing of Jordan Valley ‚€“ Intelligence Expert - Intifada Palestine¬*|¬*Intifada Palestine (external - login to view)

Tuesday evening, Israeli soldiers ordered twenty-one families in the Wad Ebzeeq area in the Northern Plains of the occupied West Bank to leave due to a “live fire military drill”. Similar exercises and “intermediate displacements” have increased in 2012 and 2013. We asked a Palestinian intelligence expert and received the stunning answer. “Israel is training for the ethnic cleansing of the Jordan Valley and much of the West Bank and their annexation, village by village”, along with the permanent annexation of the Syrian Golan Heights and parts of Southern Lebanon. - See more at: Israel Prepares Ethnic Cleansing of Jordan Valley ‚€“ Intelligence Expert - Intifada Palestine¬*|¬*Intifada Palestine (external - login to view)

www.presstv.com/detail/2014/0...raeli-attacks/ (external - login to view)

Damascus says that at least seven Syrian security forces and several civilians have been wounded in a number of attacks carried out by Tel Aviv from the occupied Golan Heights.

According to Syrian officials, the attacks targeted a school and a mosque in the Syrian villages of al-Hamidiyah and al-Hurriyah, early Wednesday.

At least four civilians were injured.

The Syrian military says the instances of violence are an aggressive act and has warned Israel against carrying out similar attacks. The Israeli military reportedly used tanks, machine guns, and rockets.

Meanwhile, the Israeli military has confirmed the attacks, claiming it was trying to hit suspected militants attempting to plant an explosive device near the Syrian border.
 
EagleSmack
#12
ugh... Syria... what a meat grinder... on and on it goes.

Now Assad's enemies have more rockets. The thought of Iranian mercenaries ducking their own rockets is poetic.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#13
"What? Rockets? Why no, I haven't the faintest idea. Hold on, I'll ask my wife. . . Hon, did you order any rockets? No? OK. Sorry, no rockets here. Maybe you have the wrong address."
 
MHz
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

ugh... Syria... what a meat grinder... on and on it goes.

Now Assad's enemies have more rockets. The thought of Iranian mercenaries ducking their own rockets is poetic.

Must be a media false-flag, you are familiar with that term apparently.

(in part)
Video released by the military showed Israeli soldiers on the ship inspecting the rockets, shipped in large crates. The video also showed beige bags containing cement with the words "Made in I.R. Iran," in English, written on them.

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines (external - login to view)

For Syria that has been about 4 years, for Israel it goes back to 600BC when God kicked them off His land. Might explain why things have gone so well for them for the last 65 years. Not the fastest learners apparently.
 
EagleSmack
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Must be a media false-flag, you are familiar with that term apparently.

.


 
MHz
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

"What? Rockets? Why no, I haven't the faintest idea. Hold on, I'll ask my wife. . . Hon, did you order any rockets? No? OK. Sorry, no rockets here. Maybe you have the wrong address."

I am totally impressed with your post, hope I see you post more like it, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Is that a move all servicemen in the US have to be proficient at? I shutter to think what it would useful for in the real world. (then againt it is America so it's can't be too difficult to understand, any stray pubic hairs could be used for dental floss I guess. I know on girls the hair is short and curly so it doesn't poke you in the eye.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Is that a move all servicemen in the US have to be proficient at?

It certainly helped my career.

Quote:

I shutter to think

Maybe if you opened the shutters. . .

Quote:

what it would useful for in the real world.

Career advancement.

Quote:

(then againt it is America so it's can't be too difficult to understand, any stray pubic hairs could be used for dental floss I guess. I know on girls the hair is short and curly so it doesn't poke you in the eye.

You've been looking at the internet again. Time for Mom and Dad to update the kid filter.
 
MHz
#18
I guess I'll be closing the shutters even tighter. It was mom that taught me that, isn't that the same everywhere?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

I guess I'll be closing the shutters even tighter. It was mom that taught me that, isn't that the same everywhere?

It's certainly a way to keep out facts and reasoning.
 
MHz
#20
Okay, you busted me. Mom was pretty Victorian, the houseful of girls across the way weren't that way at all.
 
Blackleaf
#21
This is not the first time the Iranians have smuggled, or tried to smuggle, arms to Israel.

One of the most famous examples came in 2002 when Israeli commandos boarded the Karine-A in Gaza and found some 50 tons of weaponry on board.

Israel's clandestine battle with weapons smugglers: www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-26455160 (external - login to view)
 
MHz
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

It's certainly a way to keep out facts and reasoning.

You do know what thread we are on right? The rockets were mixed in with bags of cement in english but said to be made in Iran. I'm pretty sure Iran knows that cement is on the 'restricted list' so putting the two together would mean they would want it to be found. That would also point to the IDF having access to the manifests of all ships using the Red Sea and probably the Med Sea as well.
 
EagleSmack
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You do know what thread we are on right? The rockets were mixed in with bags of cement in english but said to be made in Iran. I'm pretty sure Iran knows that cement is on the 'restricted list' so putting the two together would mean they would want it to be found. That would also point to the IDF having access to the manifests of all ships using the Red Sea and probably the Med Sea as well.

We getcha MHz... we getcha... No worries kid

 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You do know what thread we are on right? The rockets were mixed in with bags of cement in english but said to be made in Iran. I'm pretty sure Iran knows that cement is on the 'restricted list' so putting the two together would mean they would want it to be found. That would also point to the IDF having access to the manifests of all ships using the Red Sea and probably the Med Sea as well.

Good. I appreciate quality intelligence work.
 
MHz
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

We getcha MHz... we getcha... No worries kid

First time this century a chill went up and down my spine when a 'friendly gesture' was made.
 
no new posts