Should Canadians be concerned about the U.S. spying on Canadian soil?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

For Canada to allow the US to spy on our G20 partners makes Canada complicit. I would not be surprised if there was some information-sharing agreement between us. Way to tarnish Canada's reputation even more. And no, I'm not pointing the finger at Harper only. I would notbe surprised if this has been going on for decades. Of course Harper coudl have chosen to change that policy, but instead has chosen to just continue the same policies of previous governments.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Under Canada's nod and possibly collaboration? Not entirely surprising, but still infuriating.
Since when has 'gossip' ever not been used as a means of directing which way somebody is supposed to lean? Before dirt by all accounts.

We are the only ones that used to attend every human right's conference assembled by the UN. Today we stay far away and the reasons include our own abuses would be brought up. When is the last time we allowed any First Nations group to 'freely and openly' approach the UN or the ICC when the local Justice system (British Lawyers from the City of London) fails to live up to the terms of the 'contract' that was imposed on them under threat of death or other punishments. It was flawed back then and it's still flawed today, the new approach is to change it rather than ignore or bury it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Really do you honestly believe the most paranoid nation of earth would not be spying on us?
All nations are in the spying game even Canada and that should be understood. The problem
with these leaks and exposures is it causes an upset in the balance of things. All nations
including those on the receiving end work to get the stories off the front page after a flurry of
protest. The reason they all do it and its bad for the spy business in general.