Common citizenship?

Would you support a common citizenship and passport between Canada and another?

• Totally.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • In principle.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other option.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Wold you support a common citizenship and passport between Canada and another nation, even if it is without becoming a common nation?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Canada and Mexico...a marriage made in heaven. Let the Canadians become Mexicans.

Why not? I can guarantee you that it would not take long for our social safety net to become far more efficient, maybe introducing community service programs, workfare, etc. Handouts would just not be affordable anymore. That could be a good thing.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking more like Canada and the Turks and Caicos

Could be. If they don't want to join Canada, just sharing a common citizenship and passport might be something they could accept.

But of course we'd better run it by Blackleaf first. We wouldn't want the natives practicing too much democracy. Blimey.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This is a plea for more exclusionary policy for the rich to further clamp the totalitarian fingers around the necks of the vast majority who have no opportunity to travel anyway. One country one passport, screw the internationalist parasitical class. The planet does not belong to them.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
This is a plea for more exclusionary policy for the rich to further clamp the totalitarian fingers around the necks of the vast majority who have no opportunity to travel anyway. One country one passport, screw the internationalist parasitical class. The planet does not belong to them.

How would a common citizenship and passport prevent a country from raising taxes and helping the poor? If anything, it would help redistribute money even more efficiently between rich and poor, no?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
How would a common citizenship and passport prevent a country from raising taxes and helping the poor? If anything, it would help redistribute money even more efficiently between rich and poor, no?

The same way it does now, allowing the wealthy to cart the loot to offshore havens, with even greater ease than presently. How could this possibly help with redistribution between rich and poor? You seem more than inclined to see the end of nation states along the lines of the brutal global Zionist design.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The same way it does now, allowing the wealthy to cart the loot to offshore havens, with even greater ease than presently. How could this possibly help with redistribution between rich and poor? You seem more than inclined to see the end of nation states along the lines of the brutal global Zionist design.

So how does this prevent any government from taxing its residents?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Only if it was with Haiti or an African Nation. Those people need a break.............

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
So how does this prevent any government from taxing its residents?

I'm not familiar with tax evasion methods used by international criminals, I'm assuming the multiple citizenship thing would aid criminals as I can't possibly see how it would aid the law abiding. How would it help legal redistribution?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm not familiar with tax evasion methods used by international criminals, I'm assuming the multiple citizenship thing would aid criminals as I can't possibly see how it would aid the law abiding.

This would be a common citizenship, not multiple citizenships.

In principle, you are correct that it might help them hide their cash. However, nothing would be stopping governments to work together to block these loopholes. Add to that that common citizenship would also mean a common citizen database for passports, which could actually be helpful in tracking tax evasion.

How would it help legal redistribution?

Generally speaking, the poor will move to where social programmes are the best, which is usually the wealthier country. Since they'd be citizens, we could not refuse them service. This would help to spread the burden more evenly.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I thought that was what NAFTA was supposed to do for North and South America, flash your drivers and on your way. Today it is a little more complicated than that to say the least. If anybody could challenge that it would be the natural citizens of both Americas who should be able to travel just that easy. DNA scan is the identifier, can't be faked and the sample can be given by the person by whatever method they are most comfortable with. Just make sure each vehicle has a steel safe that gets a customs sticker at the border and if it is broken before you exit their country you will be going to jail and there is a 5 year waiting time until your 2 hour trial.

I would vote for something like that if the list of what you can and cannot carry in the safe is clear and the same in every location. (save the coco leaves for the mountain passes in Bolivia and not a tea break in some shack in the deep bush. (okay maybe both would be alright) That is the next point, would a common classification bring more freedoms to all citizens or would some lose what are freedoms right now? That would make a huge impact on how I would vote on such a change.

The guy with an Igloo and the guy with a grassy roof both have the right to read the same discussions real time and the devices are there, they just need to be classified as necessities rather than toys of the elite.