Ahmadinejad says Holocaust denial was his major achievement

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Outgoing Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said during a farewell ceremony Sunday that publicizing his Holocaust denial was a major achievement of his presidency.

“That was a taboo topic that no one in the West allowed to be heard,” Ahmadinejad said in a speech, according to the Iranian Fars news agency. “We put it forward at the global level. That broke the spine of the Western capitalist regime.”

Ahmadinejad’s remarks on the Holocaust appeared on the Fars news site in Arabic, but not on its English website, which covered other aspects of the speech.

more

Ahmadinejad says Holocaust denial was his major achievement | The Times of Israel

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Ahmadinejad touts Holocaust denial as great success of his tenure
What do you think? Did he nail his goal of being an antagonist and putting bees in bonnets all for gits and shiggles?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. This principle is, contempt prior to examination.”

Haaretz - said by some to be a "leftist" newspaper as if it is somehow opposed to Israel. But a look at its editorial policy shows something quite different:

The Dangers of a Nuclear Iran

The Dangers of a Nuclear Iran

The dangers of a nuclear Iran are clear to most people who are aware of the facts surrounding Iran and their leader’s attitude toward the United States and Israel. These two countries are not the only ones that would be affected by Iran’s possession of nuclear weapons, however. The entire world would be affected. If Iran were to send a nuclear bomb to Israel or to the United States, a third world war could erupt. In a matter of hours, much of the globe could be destroyed, and even peaceful countries that have good relationships with Iran could be destroyed as well.
There are other countries that have nuclear weapons, such as the United States, Russia, China, North Korea, India, and Pakistan. The difference between these countries and Iran is that they are not threatening to destroy other countries. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has made it clear that according to his belief and philosophy, the world would be better off without the United States and Israel. The United States could probably not be eradicated with one nuclear attack, but the country could surely be affected if all of their electronic equipment including computers and telecommunications equipment were disabled.
It is clear that Iran is not only threatening with words, but with actions as well. When President Obama threatened to impose new economic sanctions on Iran’s oil exporting business, Iran began to train its military to stop all oil from moving through the Strait of Hormuz. This international strait could be the site of a new Persian War that could cause great damage to this area of the world. The entire Middle East would be affected since they are in the region close to this area. Iran has threatened to use missiles against any country that goes against its wishes to export oil.
Israel is the country that is the most endangered by the possibility of Iran having nuclear weapons. Iran could easily aim nuclear missiles towards Israel and destroy the entire country. The likelihood of the world stepping up to protect Israel is slim, and its greatest ally, the United States, has cooled its relationship with Israel since the election of President Obama. The Israeli army is strong for such a small country, but whether they can stop Iran’s production of nuclear weapons is unknown. One fact that is definite is that Iran has promised to eradicate Israel from the face of the earth.

There is a real possibility of Iran developing and using nuclear weapons. Both Israel and the United States say that they have evidence that these weapons are now being developed in Iran. Despite this fact, Iran continues to deny that they are developing nuclear weapons. The Muslim clerics have issued general bans against any Islamic country developing these weapons, but the passion and determination of Iran to destroy Israel and the United States may overstep the forbidden development of weapons of mass destruction.
The main way that the United States, Great Britain, and other countries have attempted to prevent Iran from developing these weapons is through economic sanctions. These have not worked in stopping other aggressive leaders like Muammar Gaddafi or Saddam Hussein. Many analysts say that the sanctions only cause worse relations and resentment that eventually leads to war. Sanctions against Iran have already been in place for many years, and they have had no effect on the development of nuclear arms by Iran. The time may come when more serious measures, such as destroying Iran’s nuclear weapon production plants, is necessary. The entire world does not want to see the situation come to this because those who have been living for several decades are already tired of the Middle Eastern wars. Hopefully, Iran is more talk than action as some political analysists say it is.

Check this month's poll:

Poll of the Month

Should Israel Make a Preemptive Strike Against Iran's Nuclear Facilities?

Yes 52.2% (1,280 votes)

No 47.8% (1,172 votes)

Total Votes: 2,452

The so called "lefty" newspaper is more anti-Iran than the rest of the country.

So who's being closed minded?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Has anybody ever asked the question "How will they deliver a bomb to the US or Israel without a space program?"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did the westerners ever get their pipeline to India built? How is Iran's running? They still selling NG in Euros and Rubles?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I read where European capital investment in Iran was at its highest under Ahmadinejad. The gas line from Iran to Pakistan was supposed to have been finished by now but Pakistan did not make that a priority. The thing that really is a problem is the gas pipes from Iran to Syria because of the troubles in the latter country. Hopefully, that will be protected or some alternate plan for transporting that resource will be put in place.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

I had no idea that text required close caption text but here:

So just so were clear here. Gopher denies the Holocaust and thinks Ahmadinejad’s is one righteous Brother.

I'm only asking this question, because it would be the only reason why he would drag his tickle trunk of partisan politics into a thread about Iran's outgoing leader. Oh wait a minute!

I'm sorry Petros, I haven't posted in a while and forgot that Gopher is a freakazoid Left Wing Zealot who equates everything to the Republican Party and his love of tea bagging. I'll bet he'll be hitting the needlepoint and knitting thread next to start pontificating about Sarah Palin.

But then again, do you think he is a holocaust denier?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I haven't seen him say that.

As far as I'm concerned I see a really nasty ongoing PR and full on financial war between antiquated rivalries, crowns, family dynasties and Religious based financial institutions.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I haven't seen him say that.

As far as I'm concerned I see a really nasty ongoing PR and full on financial war between antiquated rivalries between crowns, family dynasties and Religious based financial institutions.

Really? I see a wack job in Iran doing whatever he can to piss of Israeli's and Westerners who view the Holocaust as a disgusting bit of world history. But hey, the original source was right wing, so it really never happened or its skewed and God bless those Iranians man. When they're not holocaust denying they're hanging queers by the neck until they are dead! dead! dead!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
He's doing it because it pisses people off in the West. Even if he did believe using it as a PR tool was working extremely well. Pure posturing.

Is that Weiss in the OP photo? He is another PR hosebag who knows there is reality to the past with more and more accurate detail which hurts both sides to this bizarre argument.

Both of those yutzes are using us to their benefits if they are given any undeserving attention.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It doesn't say much about the guy if that was his greatest achievement.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad once said in an interview that "The future belongs to Iran." He then blew out a candle, got on his camel, and rode back to his cave.