Putin offers to put Russian troops on the Golan Heights

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
to serve as UN peacekeepers.

Vladimir Putin, the Czar of Russia, has offered to put Russian troops on the Golan Heights — the mountain range controlled by Israel but claimed by Syria — to serve as U.N. peacekeepers between Syria and Israel, now that the government of Austria has decided withdraw its participation in the peacekeeping force.

Putin has spoken directly by phone to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about the offer, and presumably would not have made it without first discussing the idea with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
If both sides agree, this would put armed Russian soldiers on the northern mountains of Israel for the first time in the modern history of the State of Israel.

more

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.c...ve-as-un-peacekeepers-prophetic-significance/

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Russia is thinking about offering political asylum to the American whistleblower on NSA/PRISM. I hope they do and that he escapes the clutches of Obama. Godspeed to this young man.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You can imagine the Israelis and Syrians shouting to the Russians: "OI! Get your hands off our Golans!"

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Why are we discussing a 'proposal' raised by a FUndie Bible Freak on his rather nutty blogsite??

Example:
the modern history of the State of Israel.
The move might also have prophetic significance. As I have noted on this blog in the past, in the Old Testament of the Bible — in Ezekiel 38 & 39 — the Hebrew prophet Ezekiel warns that in the “last days” of history, a dictator (Gog) from Russia (Magog) will form an alliance with Iran (Persia) and a group of other Middle Eastern countries to surround and attack Israel. Curiously, Ezekiel 38:15 specifically notes that Gog “will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north.” Ezekiel 39:2 says Gog will come “from the remotest parts of the north” and come “against the mountains of Israel.”

GAAAAAG.......