Would she/ could she/ should she abdicate over this?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The bishop is patently wrong. It is not god's law, it was Jewish rules. Leviticus is not god's law. It is human law and the Queen nor anybody else but the Jews are bound by it.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
NO to gay marriage!

NO to the abdication of Elizabeth II!
You are probably Church of England. Do you not allow gay and female ministers? Gays are human and are protected under human rights to have all the same rights as everybody else. Do you still live in a cave?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It never ceases to amaze me how people get their shorts all in a twist over how other people live their lives. Why do they care so damn much? The only answer is bigotry....they simply object to their existence. Whether two men marry one another or whether a black man marries a white woman (at one time also the cause of quite some controversy), it has absolutely zero impact on anyone else's life but their own.

Maybe people need to stop being so damned nosy about what other people do and just mind their damned business. Don't like same-sex marriage? Then don't marry someone of the same sex. And thus ends your involvement with it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ever notice that people that are opposed to something start with quoting the Bible
of Jesus or some other great leader that lived hundreds or thousands of year ago?
Do these people have a problem thinking for themselves?
There is a belief by some though, if you don't understand it or you are afraid of it
oppose it or vote no to any change. These same people use telephones and cars
that use the wheel. However did they manage to think beyond those age old books
and bliefs.
I don't give a damn about whether someone is gay, straight or what ever else there
might be. I care whether or not they are a good person. Some of those who are filled
with hate, anger and suspicion who are opposed to everything, I then to give them a
wide berth Someone being gay doesn't bother me at all, guess I don't scare that easy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
NO to gay marriage!

NO to the abdication of Elizabeth II!

Yes to gay Marriage- All they want to have are the same rights you have- But then again you miss the irony in that.

Yes to QE 2 abdicating when she sees fit, and in favor of the Grandson as King- and not that Fop- Charles.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Humans don't have full Rights Cliff, you know that, I know that.
Under the law. But there are other considerations that are beyond the law. Much too complicated to go into here but I claim divine law. I live by it and I die by it and no man made law can touch it. And, of course, I am not talking about biblical or any other man made book's laws.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ever notice that people that are opposed to something start with quoting the Bible
of Jesus or some other great leader that lived hundreds or thousands of year ago?
Do these people have a problem thinking for themselves?
There is a belief by some though, if you don't understand it or you are afraid of it
oppose it or vote no to any change. These same people use telephones and cars
that use the wheel. However did they manage to think beyond those age old books
and bliefs.
I don't give a damn about whether someone is gay, straight or what ever else there
might be. I care whether or not they are a good person. Some of those who are filled
with hate, anger and suspicion who are opposed to everything, I then to give them a
wide berth Someone being gay doesn't bother me at all, guess I don't scare that easy.

Not all let their religious beliefs interfere with basic human rights. That in itself is a true separation of Church & State- At the basic level of Citizen.
Myself I was against the way Paul |Martin sent it to the SCoC. That was pure politics. meant to divide the country. So fuk him and his leadership. That said it would be a small fuk as he did not have the leadership for running this country.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It never ceases to amaze me how people get their shorts all in a twist over how other people live their lives. Why do they care so damn much? The only answer is bigotry....they simply object to their existence. Whether two men marry one another or whether a black man marries a white woman (at one time also the cause of quite some controversy), it has absolutely zero impact on anyone else's life but their own.

Maybe people need to stop being so damned nosy about what other people do and just mind their damned business. Don't like same-sex marriage? Then don't marry someone of the same sex. And thus ends your involvement with it.

That is too reasonable to ever work! :p

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That is too reasonable to ever work! :p

I'm prejudiced against the bigoted. I don't think they should be allowed to get married, hold jobs, rent apartments, have children. I think we should picket their funerals. Ridicule and deride them in public, use quotes from the Bible, the Torrah, the Qu'ran that we can twist to our own purposes against them. Ban them from joining clubs and organizations for fear of being too close in proximity to them and their insidious and despicable ways.

And I think we should not waste even one opportunity to tell them all about it. :D

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I do enjoy reading your posts. That cut to the core - This one is as usual great and makes a ton of sense.
Thank you

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm prejudiced against the bigoted. I don't think they should be allowed to get married, hold jobs, rent apartments, have children. I think we should picket their funerals. Ridicule and deride them in public, use quotes from the Bible, the Torrah, the Qu'ran that we can twist to our own purposes against them. Ban them from joining clubs and organizations for fear of being too close in proximity to them and their insidious and despicable ways.

And I think we should not waste even one opportunity to tell them all about it. :D

Now thats more like it. hah

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I don't see why she would care what consenting adult people of sound mind do, BUT whatever it is gay people do it is NOT a marriage by the definition of the word. Marriage is between two people of the opposite gender!

Oooooooooooh, isn't EVERYONE bigoted to some degree?