Leader of anti-Semitic party discovers he is Jewish

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hungary Far-Right Leader Discovers Jewish Roots

BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — As a rising star in Hungary's far-right Jobbik Party, Csanad Szegedi was notorious for his incendiary comments on Jews: He accused them of "buying up" the country, railed about the "Jewishness" of the political elite and claimed Jews were desecrating national symbols.

Then came a revelation that knocked him off his perch as ultra-nationalist standard-bearer: Szegedi himself is a Jew.

Following weeks of Internet rumors, Szegedi acknowledged in June that his grandparents on his mother's side were Jews — making him one too under Jewish law, even though he doesn't practice the faith. His grandmother was an Auschwitz survivor and his grandfather a veteran of forced labor camps.

Since then, the 30-year-old has become a pariah in Jobbik and his political career is on the brink of collapse. He declined to be interviewed for this story.

more

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/08/14/world/europe/ap-eu-hungary-rightists-roots.html?_r=2

Leader Of Anti-Semitic Party In Hungary Discovers He's Jewish : The Two-Way : NPR

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Actually, given the length of time Jews have been in Europe following the Diaspora it would be surprising if most Europeans did not have some Jewish blood. Jew have been intermarrying with their gentile neighbours for centuries, many going so far to blend in as to convert to Christianity. Interestingly ,there is an interesting parallel for many supposedly White Americans who can trace their roots back more than fifty years in that following the US Civil War many freed "Blacks" integrated into White society society.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Actually, given the length of time Jews have been in Europe following the Diaspora it would be surprising if most Europeans did not have some Jewish blood. Jew have been intermarrying with their gentile neighbours for centuries, many going so far to blend in as to convert to Christianity.
What is Jew blood? My grandmother was Jewish so technically I'm Jewish too but after my brother did the Nat Geo Genographic thing we found out there is zero mid eastern DNA in our blood. For some odd reason there are a boatload of blonde, blue eyed Arayan acceptable Jews running around just like she was and I am. Maybe she had Roman or Greek Catholic blood?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Likely one or more of your ancestors converted.

My grandmother didn't know she was Jewish and didn't like Jews too. I wouldn't classify her as specifically antisemitic since she disliked every race/ethnic/religious group that wasn't Polish, British, Catholic or Protestant.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Should take advantage of the situation by getting the free land deal in a settlement in the West Bank then hand it over to some Palestinian widow.

Giving it away would normally go against the moral fiber of Heebs but it would go ten fold because it's a woman.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — As a rising star in Hungary's far-right Jobbik Party, Csanad Szegedi was notorious for his incendiary comments on Jews: He accused them of "buying up" the country, railed about the "Jewishness" of the political elite and claimed Jews were desecrating national symbols.

Then came a revelation that knocked him off his perch as ultra-nationalist standard-bearer: Szegedi himself is a Jew.

Following weeks of Internet rumors, Szegedi acknowledged in June that his grandparents on his mother's side were Jews — making him one too under Jewish law, even though he doesn't practice the faith. His grandmother was an Auschwitz survivor and his grandfather a veteran of forced labor camps.

Since then, the 30-year-old has become a pariah in Jobbik and his political career is on the brink of collapse. He declined to be interviewed for this story.

more

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/08/14/world/europe/ap-eu-hungary-rightists-roots.html?_r=2

Leader Of Anti-Semitic Party In Hungary Discovers He's Jewish : The Two-Way : NPR
lol Shades of A Hitler ( http://newscastmedia.com/adolf-hitler.htm )

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
What is Jew blood? My grandmother was Jewish so technically I'm Jewish too but after my brother did the Nat Geo Genographic thing we found out there is zero mid eastern DNA in our blood. For some odd reason there are a boatload of blonde, blue eyed Arayan acceptable Jews running around just like she was and I am. Maybe she had Roman or Greek Catholic blood?

Theoretically since Judaism is a religion, you could be Jewish through conversion. However, most Jews should be able to trace their ancestry back to the Middle Eastern markers that defined their ancestors. That would, of course, mean that many Muslims will have similar genetic markers. It is one of the great ironies of history that Jews and Palestinians are genetically linked.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Perhaps, but with genetic mixing we all share any given heritage you can name. Judaism is a religion, not an ethnicity, race, or nationality.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

more

He's probably made his family sooooo proud.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I have a little grand daughter she is Jewish and not Jewish. We make sure she knows
the richness of her heritage on both sides if we do that more we can decrease the
amount of hate that infests the world.

This guy got one hell of a surprise and found out how few friends he really has good on him