7) Russia holds 851.5 tonnes.
6) Switzerland holds 1,040.1 tonnes.
5) China holds 1,054.1 tonnes.
4) France holds 2,435.4 tonnes.
3) Italy holds 2,451.8 tonnes.
2) Germany holds 3,401.8 tonnes.
1) United States holds 8,133.5 tonnes.

more:

The 13 Countries That Own the World’s Gold - 24/7 Wall St.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
What about whats in the ground? Canadas Arctic is very rich with some of the purest gold in the world.
Just waiting for a road and deep sea port,then it will explode.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The criminal syndicate that controls gold controls gold rushes, very often with shots to the head.

Heh,the French from Quebec have owned the Arctic for many years,gold fever and an abundant discovery of it control rushes.
Most exploration camps I have been at have been drilling for 20 years,some have become big open pit mines now,more to come.

Vaessen

Nominee Member
Oct 30, 2011
there's questions as to whether the USA owns that gold anymore. The Federal Reserve is a private bank and there hasn't been an audit in decades to reveal if they still have their gold or not or how much they have. I'd bet on the Banksters having stolen that gold by now.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

First gold bar poured from one of the exploration camps that I was at and now the meadowbank gold mine and Art work made in MeadowBank cost 1 700 000

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The Federal Reserve is a private bank and there hasn't been an audit in decades to reveal if they still have their gold or not or how much they have.

1, The Fed is a semi autonomous institution, to prevent gov't finance meddling, with a publicly appointed board of directors. Answering to and making payments to, the Treasury.

2, The US, began parting with the gold standard in 1933, and completely severed real commodity backed currency in 1971.

I'd bet on the Banksters having stolen that gold by now.
I'd bet you'd be better off avoiding conspiracy sites.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Their pumping out bricks of the most purest gold in the world like in that pic every day!
I ran that camp for years and it went through lots of junior mineing companies mostly from B.C. in the last 5 years,it was Cumberland resources out of Van. island when I first went there.
A gold brick like that would set up me,my whole family including distant rellys,and all my friends for life and their kids.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What about whats in the ground? Canadas Arctic is very rich with some of the purest gold in the world.
Just waiting for a road and deep sea port,then it will explode.

That was my first thought, when I saw the O.P. Kakato. It will come in handy for paying down the debt. :lol:

The criminal syndicate that controls gold controls gold rushes, very often with shots to the head.

Not if it's far enough out in the muskeg. :lol:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
That was my first thought, when I saw the O.P. Kakato. It will come in handy for paying down the debt. :lol:

You must be kidding, the government will sell off the rights to the gold for a pittance. Probably a few blankets and some shiny beads and a few gallons of firewater.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
You must be kidding, the government will sell off the rights to the gold for a pittance. Probably a few blankets and some shiny beads and a few gallons of firewater.
Things dont work that way bud,allmost anyone can stake a claim,then it's your bucks that have to do the rest,thats why most exploration properties exchange owners many times before becoming a mine,thats all part of the game,some folks like finding gold and some like developing mines.
Before the meadowbank mine was opened the town of Baker lake Nunavut had about 85% unemployment.
Now the village prospers and are very thankfull for Agnico Eagle for developing the property.

Years ago they turned down a uranium mine development and they have learned since then that they need something to bring jobs or continue to live in poverty.

At Christmas the company buys thousands of dollars worth of high level gifts and throws a huge party in the town and everyone has a great time.The kids all get presents,no one wakes up on christmas without something.

The workers come from all over Nunavut where a days flying is the norm to get to work for lots of them.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Trading is a countries currency has always had its ups and downs. (worthless to face value) Gold and its little brother silver have always had value. Fill a room with one or the other and you will never starve, Unless it is on government land, mineral rights are always up for grabs. I purchased 12 acres of land near Georgetown Colorado in the early 1970's, It cam with two old gold mines that closed in the early 1930's because of flooding. (came with mineral rights) Small amounts of gold can still be found on the ground as well as from panning in Clear Creek which runs through it. Yes, I have to agree that gold and silver bullion will be the best way to get through a real recession if one happens.