It has to be Bush's fault........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I've been browsing through this site that lists Terrorists attacks from the year 1800 to the present......
And no...it is not an islamic hate site although if one;-) wears blinders:roll:....in the last several years the majority of terrorist attacks are in islamic counties and perpetrated againsttheir own.

One thing I noted and that should make "Gopher" real happy.....everything is Bush's fault...is that terrorism realy took of with a "bang"(pun intended) in 2000 with a little lag in 2001 except for 9/11 and then gradually back up afterward....

Enjoy...... List of terrorist incidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More......
List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'll add to the list:

IMO, India has the world's greatest terrorism problem and few of their terrorist attacks make our news. Only some of the attacks are attributed to radical Muslims.
Terrorism in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also if you are going to single out Palestinians, then I think its also fair to include Zionist terrorist acts:
Zionist political violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regarding Bush, I'm referencing this Chomsky interview on the subject of whether or not the US under the leadership of G.W. Bush met the definition of a terrorist state:
Is the U.S. a Terrorist State?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_India

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Your list is punny compared to this list......:icon_smile:

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Noam Chomsky.........what can I say:roll::roll:

That's true, the list of zionist terrorist attacks is rather short since their attacks became state sponsored terrorism after the terrorists formed their own country. That state's list of terrorist attacks which continue to this day in the form of assassinations of political/religious leaders and attacks against civilian populations in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and neighboring countries far exceeds the number and severity of terrorist attacks by Palestinians.

I'm not siding with the terrorists on either side of that conflict. How about you?

Regarding the definition of what is and isn't terrorism and terrorist attacks, I take the literal approach of what is and isn't terrorism. I've read enough of your posts to know that you follow the propagandist approach. Again, I will reference Chomsky to enlighten you on the difference.

International Terrorism: Image and Reality
Noam Chomsky

There are two ways to approach the study of terrorism. One may adopt a literal approach, taking the topic seriously, or a propagandistic approach, construing the concept of terrorism as a weapon to be exploited in the service of some system of power. In each case it is clear how to proceed. Pursuing the literal approach, we begin by determining what constitutes terrorism. We then seek instances of the phenomenon -- concentrating on the major examples, if we are serious -- and try to determine causes and remedies. The propagandistic approach dictates a different course. We begin with the thesis that terrorism is the responsibility of some officially designated enemy. We then designate terrorist acts as "terrorist" just in the cases where they can be attributed (whether plausibly or not) to the required source; otherwise they are to be ignored, suppressed, or termed "retaliation" or "self-defence."
International Terrorism: Image and Reality, by Noam Chomsky

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Why am i not surprised by your answer??? Soon you will find a way to condone a palestinian blowing up a bus load of children or a crowd of people at a market and manage to explain it as the poor palestinian only means of retaliation against the Zionist Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Aviv_Jerusalem_bus_405_suicide_attack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afula_Bus_suicide_bombing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_bus_18_suicide_bombings

And there's more....but I know you can't be convince that Israel is just defending itself

Post #1457232 - Re: It has to be Bush's fault........Bad........mentalfloss

Gonna report those site as a hate sites too????

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Unlike you, I condemn all acts of violence directed at civilians. You oppose some and support others depending on who are the perpetrators and victims.

I'm pretty sure I understand your viewpoint:
From your viewpoint, all of Israel's attacks are self defense, none are acts of terrorism. No attacks against Israel are self defense. All are acts of terrorism.

I doubt you understand my viewpoint:
From my viewpoint , some of Israel's attacks are self defense. Some are acts of terrorism. Some attacks against Israel are self defense. Some are acts of terrorism.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Unlike you, I condemn all acts of violence directed at civilians. You oppose some and support others depending on who are the perpetrators and victims.

From your viewpoint, all of Israel's attacks are self defense, none are acts of terrorism. No attacks against Israel are self defense. All are acts of terrorism.

From my viewpoint , some of Israel's attacks are self defense. Some are acts of terrorism. Some attacks against Israel are self defense. Some are acts of terrorism.

The latter is definitely a much more balanced and neutral approach.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

You pay good lip service to being against all violence but your posts say different...you have a definite bias against Israel for some reason and it shows.....

And sometimes I suspect that some of your acolytes if not you.... would have no objections to becoming Dhimmis in their own country......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Is that who you want to be measured against or contrasted with?

If you call posting Ying for the other side's Yang........;-):smile:

I like to call it aversion therapy....seems to have worked before....

Edit: But you could be right...My procedure only worked for intelligent people before;-)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
When the cartload of stuff was blown up in front of the New York Stock Exchange, killing 38 people, that would fit under the classification of terrorism, wouldn't it?