Would You Call Me A Criminal If....

Is It Criminal For Producers To Make Fuel From Involuntary OIl Seed Or "Weed" Seeds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I don't believe anything should be forced to do what it doesn't want to do!

:?P

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This is true but why is doing what is best for all of us illegal?
It ain't best for the oil companies and unless you are paying taxes to the government, it ain't good for them neither.

Having said that, a question comes to mind: Does anybody think that they are getting value from their tax dollars?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It ain't best for the oil companies and unless you are paying taxes to the government, it ain't good for them neither.

Having said that, a question comes to mind: Does anybody think that they are getting value from their tax dollars?
Oil companies already consume 25% of the US harvest using taxpayer funding to the tune of $28 an acre. During fermentation the carbohydrates are stripped leaving a high protein cattle feed that is then sold to feed lots and is worth more than the taxpayer funded "green" ethanol that US and Canadian law mandates we have to use in our vehicles.

If regular and mid-grade gasoline were eliminated and eveyone burned non-ethanol premium in their vehicles there would be far less CO2 emissions than ethanol will ever offset.

I won't run my vehicles on that crap.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Growing & processing heroin is illegal too. Should I do that as well? I could sure buy a lot of diesel from one acre of poppies....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oil companies already consume 25% of the US harvest using taxpayer funding to the tune of $28 an acre. During fermentation the carbohydrates are stripped leaving a high protein cattle feed that is then sold to feed lots and is worth more than the taxpayer funded "green" ethanol that US and Canadian law mandates we have to use in our vehicles.

If regular and mid-grade gasoline were eliminated and eveyone burned non-ethanol premium in their vehicles there would be far less CO2 emissions than ethanol will ever offset.

I won't run my vehicles on that crap.
The only real problem I can see in burning premium gasoline is aluminum engines tend to go into melt-down with hotter-burning fuel. I cooked a Nissan on high-test....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The only real problem I can see in burning premium gasoline is aluminum engines tend to go into melt-down with hotter-burning fuel. I cooked a Nissan on high-test....
You're a decent fella but I'm sorry, I've gotta call B U L L S H I T on that one.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You're a decent fella but I'm sorry, I've gotta call B U L L S H I T on that one.
Call what you want. I'm the one who had to swap out an engine. High test gas doesn't vapourize as well in the lower temperatures in a low compression engine ie the Nissan Sentra four-banger. It's great in the hemi but not worth the extra cash in an economy car.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Not surprised. Seems to me there is a little note on the dash that says regular fuel only. Not sure if premium still has lead in it. Death on aluminum engines and the cat.

Growing & processing heroin is illegal too. Should I do that as well? I could sure buy a lot of diesel from one acre of poppies....

If you had an acre of poppies the cost of diesel would be the least of your worries. Bet you would have lots of friends though.