North Korea to head UN Disarmament Body

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Pretty funny that a country that dropped out of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty is going to be heading up the Disarmament Body of the UN, and the UN wonders why many people have such a poor opinion of it?

Not From the Onion - WSJ.com

Another Turtle Bay Milestone
North Korea will chair a U.N. arms control agency.

"If the United Nations did not exist, could a satirist invent it? We have our doubts. In this week's installment of our "Your U.N. at Work" series: The Democratic People's Republic of Korea—aka Kim Jong Il's dungeon—has assumed the presidency of the Conference on Disarmament. The U.N.-backed body, based in Geneva, calls itself "the single multilateral disarmament negotiating forum of the international community."

As our readers apparently know better than the folks who run the U.N., North Korea is the world's foremost weapons proliferator. Pyongyang builds its own nuclear weapons in contravention of its treaty commitments and has sold missile and atomic know-how to other rogue regimes in violation of U.N. sanctions. One of its favored clients, Iran, warmly welcomed the North Korean presidency. Tehran's ambassador wanted to "assure [North Korea] of my delegation's full support and cooperation." No doubt."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I heard that this morning. The UN is such a joke. It really is.

I bet even N. Korea is laughing about it.

After WWII Britain gave the Soviets a Rolls Royce jet engine... Stalin was purportedly to have said...

"How stupid."

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I feel the same way as Stalin about handing over nuclear technologies by Clinton.

I do too.

More importantly the rocket technologies so they can launch peaceful satellites.

Then they roll out these...

WTF!

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
That struggle doesn't exist, you aren't even American but you are brainwashed like one.
The only struggle is between the rich elite and the rest.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
What I said is true and stop supporting a political entity that hates you.

Take a look at my post no. 12. It refers, among other things, to a class struggle. Your post no. 13 states "that" struggle doesn't exist. Then it goes on in nugatory fashion to say that the struggle is between the rich and all others. Is a struggle between rich and non-rich not a class struggle. Can you not see the inconsistency in your post. The devil is in the details. That's why I said you need an editor. You committed a malapropism. I pointed it out.

No one hates me personally. Certainly not a dying polity.

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
Oh there is definitely a class struggle.

But you said one I'm not a part of? We're all a part of that struggle.