Harper asked to drop "1967" by Israel at G8

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Was Harper asked to help Israel at G8 summit?

A leading Israeli newspaper reported that Harper was asked by Netanyahu to ensure that the summit of the world’s leading economies did not refer to Israel’s pre-1967 borders as any starting point to new Middle East peace negotiations.

U.S. President Barack Obama had called for those borders in concert with land swaps as a negotiating start but Netanyahu called those borders “indefensible.’’

After any reference to 1967 borders was dropped from the final communiqué Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman called his Canadian counterpart John Baird to thank him for his help, Haaretz said.

Was Harper asked to help Israel at G8 summit? - thestar.com
--

It looks like Shrek (Baird) is kicking off his international conquest on the right foot.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How did that 'ask' come about, same as Obama gets his or same as Goldstone got his 'ask'? Part of being at peace is to have a border like that. If they could not defend against the Golan Heights being given back then they could never have taken it in '67.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
How did that 'ask' come about, same as Obama gets his or same as Goldstone got his 'ask'? Part of being at peace is to have a border like that. If they could not defend against the Golan Heights being given back then they could never have taken it in '67.

I'll tell you what, I'll entertain your rantings about Israel when you start rallying the US and Canadian Governments to return all of North America to the Aboriginals.

You and all the others who whine about Israel are selective hypocrites, nothing more. I'll expect the rest of your posse along any minute.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I did that years ago, I said we should be sending them bigger checks, they should be the richest ones in the land and not have to lift a finger. A quick trip around the world just so they get a feel for who is the 'invaders' and how they want to fit in to the 'mechanism'. That it has never happened in the history of the world sort of means there is going to be a delay before that actually happens.

BTW keep your snide remarks to yourself, I speak for myself, I doubt you would pick a subject where you are a minority, bitch.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I did that years ago, I said we should be sending them bigger checks, they should be the richest ones in the land and not have to lift a finger. A quick trip around the world just so they get a feel for who is the 'invaders' and how they want to fit in to the 'mechanism'. That it has never happened in the history of the world sort of means there is going to be a delay before that actually happens.

BTW keep your snide remarks to yourself, I speak for myself, I doubt you would pick a subject where you are a minority, bitch.

Put your money where your mouth is, renounce your citizenship and move back to your ancestors origin.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I said an increase in rent check, are you trying to get them strung up as a war criminal by making me a refugee from my country of birth?

That doesn't show a lot of real caring on your part.

A return to 1967 would mean the Maple Leafs win the Cup.

I don't think talloola would like that.
The trick is to win and then quit.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I said an increase in rent check, are you trying to get them strung up as a war criminal by making me a refugee from my country of birth?

That doesn't show a lot of real caring on your part.

I'm not really that touchy feely.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
F*ck Israel, let em fight their own battles.

F*ck Harper too, he's nothing but a spineless corporate c*ck-sucker who wants to be a dictator...or is that dicktaker?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
F*ck Israel, let em fight their own battles.

F*ck Harper too, he's nothing but a spineless corporate c*ck-sucker who wants to be a dictator...or is that dicktaker?

That's lovely..............

Exactly what we need in this country, elevated political debate.

AND you just insulted 40% plus of the Canadian electorate.

Lovely.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
That's lovely..............

Exactly what we need in this country, elevated political debate.

AND you just insulted 40% plus of the Canadian electorate.

Lovely.
I didn't realize Stephen Harper was 40% of the electorate. If that's the case why did he only get 39.5% of the vote.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wonder if the ex-PM of Egypt could say those lines with a straight face today. The charges just keep piling up, he should use that one as his excuse for ordering goon squads to kill peace protesters. I didn't hear how many were on the list of the dead. If messing with the internet cost him double digit billions I don't see a bribe working in these trials.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Harper, Netanyahu did not discuss G8 statement, officials say

Stephen Harper’s office and a spokesman for the Israeli government are denying reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged Canada’s Prime Minister to block a G8 declaration that would use the country’s prewar 1967 borders as a starting point for Mideast peace talks.

Harper, Netanyahu did not discuss G8 statement, officials say - The Globe and Mail